• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Cool - tell me abt the miyamoto sig?

It's a print of art done by miyamoto for Mario's 25th anniversary.

They had an event at Nintendo world in NY on Nov 7th 2010 that Miyamoto showed up to with some other Nintendo big wigs.

The only way to get one of the prints was to purchase a 25th anniversary wii or DS day at the event, and it would come with one.

As far as I am aware the sig is part of the print. I have heard people to say it was signed individually, but haven't seen anything to substantiate that.

Either way it's cool as heck and they are extremely hard to come by, so I'm glad I picked one up early.

Awesome games Bronty! :applause:

Just out of curiosity, what modern videogame consoles do you own? (modern being this generation)

Thx radjack. Just ps3 and 3ds, but they've been collecting dust lately. Was more into them later, I'm sure I'll pick them up again at some point.

We played Street Fighter once, then never again. :(

Cool

Not a fan of the series, but I understand the mystique. I bet 2 & 3 are spendy when sealed.

2 is the most expensive; generally.

in the interest of keeping this thread a little retro here's a couple random pics I found:

this first one is one of the those titles that's both a ton of fun and a real challenge to locate, so it appeals to

Gamers and collectors alike:

DSCN5378.JPG

and not much says NES to me more than contra / super c. Sorry for the bad pic. The big grey brick is the pre-production prototype for super C. I'm not much for protos but its a top 5 title for me so I wanted it to have w/ the retail release.

DSCN5908.JPG

More pics please!!! Besides the Contras, do you have any of the other classics slabbed? Metroid, Castlevania, etc...

Dan has one of the best NES collections in the world, without question.

Haha that's right we did play SF once!! Andrew you were awesome! I think you even let me win once by using a character you werent used to... before dropping the hammer ! lol

Nice thread!

For all retro gamers, I have an "interesting" PS3 I bought off of Ebay that I'm looking to sell. PM me if interested (thumbs u

Whats so interesting?

I have already have three of them, so I'm not in the market for one, but I'd be interested to know as well. :popcorn:

My daughter just had a major fit over my grandson, Kavin, coming over and ripping open all of her NIB sealed games! She told him plainly, "DO NOT TOUCH anything in this cabinet." and came back to find him in a pile of cellophane and game boxes..

:facepalm:

Hope nothing too valuable (monetary value at least) was damaged...

I don't have any idea if it was valuable stuff..I know she looked for a long time for Toe Jam and Earl?some of them were older games. She got them for playing for awhile and they were quite expensive (to me anyway) But she got some sort of plug n play that has a lot of them on it and stuff like Wii Ware etc. So she had started collecting the MIB ones.

Haha that's right we did play SF once!! Andrew you were awesome! I think you even let me win once by using a character you werent used to... before dropping the hammer ! lol

I had to retire from playing that game online. Everyone on there is just too good now and I haven't put the time in to practice. Same with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3; I can't keep up.

Nice thread!

For all retro gamers, I have an "interesting" PS3 I bought off of Ebay that I'm looking to sell. PM me if interested (thumbs u

Whats so interesting?

I have already have three of them, so I'm not in the market for one, but I'd be interested to know as well. :popcorn:

Judging by the quotes I would say modded in some way ? ;)

Nice thread!

Whats so interesting?

Can you even sell a modded system on ebay?

My daughter just had a major fit over my grandson, Kavin, coming over and ripping open all of her NIB sealed games! She told him plainly, "DO NOT TOUCH anything in this cabinet." and came back to find him in a pile of cellophane and game boxes..

:facepalm:

Hope nothing too valuable (monetary value at least) was damaged...

I don't have any idea if it was valuable stuff..I know she looked for a long time for Toe Jam and Earl?some of them were older games. She got them for playing for awhile and they were quite expensive (to me anyway) But she got some sort of plug n play that has a lot of them on it and stuff like Wii Ware etc. So she had started collecting the MIB ones.

That would annoying :/. The genesis market I dont keep up with bit I dont think its an easy find sealed and Im sure would be a couple hundred anyways

Nice thread!

Whats so interesting?

Can you even sell a modded system on ebay?

I dont know , but if the answer is no, that might explain why he would offer here

I have a Xbox 360 but normally play games on the PC.

I do however still have a double pro fighter (I never saw another one of these) with about 2000 games, I hardly ever use it these days but I sometimes feel like playing the classics.

Speedball 2 is my favorite game ever.

Anyone else have a DPF back in the day?

So basically there's Bronty and then there's the rest of us. That is a glimpse at one heck of a collection! Great stuff, feel free to post anything you want. Do you have other merchandise or store signage or the like?

I am trying to get a Nintendo store sign -- one of those ~4 foot ones -- from a local guy, but it's been hard to meet up with him.

Thx Yecul... I do have other stuff besides the games themselves but I'm less open about that part ;)

As far as signs go you might try... I think he is called video game antiques on eBay? I think called Starman on nintendoage.? He always seems to have nice signs and other vintage point of sale items.