• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Anyone manage to check out the Dead Space 3 demo? It's looking like the lovechild of Gears of War and Lost Planet at this point, and I don't see how you could possibly capture the signature atmosphere of this series playing co-op.

There are a million co-op shooters out there. I really wish they just left the Dead Space formula alone. :(

I prefer Minesweeper.

gotta love those old Windows games: Minesweeper, Jezzball, Rattler Race, SkiFree, Rodent's Revenge, Chip's Challenge...

also the old adventure games from LucasArts were some of my favorites like Loom, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, etc.

I never played Grim Fandango... :facepalm:

Cool thread. I'll have to take some pictures this weekend. Here is one pic I could track down of a few of my games...

4800198871_5cecb7b622_b.jpg

You were actually the first one that I thought when I created this thread! I remember seeing your collection in the Show your comic room thread and thinking that it was really nice!

I hope to see some more pics! :gossip:

Cool thread. I'll have to take some pictures this weekend. Here is one pic I could track down of a few of my games...

I love the fact that you do NOT have Simon's Quest in there. Hated that game...

Your more obscure titles (Trojan, Legendary Wings and Baseball Stars 2) are also personal favorites. Awesome collection! I'd love to see more pics in the future.

Two great, highly-recommended games I got for Christmas:

FarCry 3 and Dishonored

Both on the list for buying when they fall into my price range, £10 to £15.

I enjoy FPS games, but as Dan / Bronty said, it's much more fun to switch between a wide range of genres.

That's one heck of a bookcase! More pics please. I love boxed games. I own zero and probably will never have many ($), but they are great.

Anyone into the retro stuff do sales/trades? Might be tough since I am sure we all want the same things!

Your more obscure titles (Trojan, Legendary Wings and Baseball Stars 2) are also personal favorites. Awesome collection! I'd love to see more pics in the future.

A sealed Final Fantasy?! :o Nice! I miss my sealed set of all 4 Dragon Warriors. :sorry:

A sealed Final Fantasy?! :o Nice! I miss my sealed set of all 4 Dragon Warriors. :sorry:

Sweet sassy molassy!

also the old adventure games from LucasArts were some of my favorites like Loom, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, etc.

A lot of those are on iOS, Android, Steam, etc. and are a real blast. I just wish they'd port the entire Leisure Suit Larry series to Steam rather than a start-up bid to remake the first one in HD. meh

A lot of those are on iOS, Android, Steam, etc. and are a real blast. I just wish they'd port the entire Leisure Suit Larry series to Steam rather than a start-up bid to remake the first one in HD. meh

Monkey Island....buying those games as they were released..what a time to be a computer gamer. mi2 had the pirate wheel to 'unlock' the game. :preach:

Monkey Island....buying those games as they were released..what a time to be a computer gamer. mi2 had the pirate wheel to 'unlock' the game. :preach:

lol I just dug up my old pirate wheel and sold it on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for $5. What a blast from the past. Not sure what I did with the rest, all of those floppy discs...