• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oversized Batman #1?

25 posts in this topic

It's a mostly worthless DC treasury edition reprint from the '70s that's either been destroyed naturally, or deliberately "relic'd" to make it look like it's over 70 years old...

the fact that all the pages are there except for the give away outer cover should answer that question...

just wonder if the seller is the scammer or if they got scammed to (and if they know that they got scammed and are trying to get their money back out of the book)

These were actually pretty cool. They were big, and as a kid I thought they were a heck of a buy for the money, but a normal comic was 20 or 25 cents then, so you had to really want them!

IMG_0023_zps095c2fba.jpg

These were actually pretty cool. They were big, and as a kid I thought they were a heck of a buy for the money, but a normal comic was 20 or 25 cents then, so you had to really want them!

IMG_0023_zps095c2fba.jpg

:o

Woooooow.

I have about 25 so far,mostly Marvel Treasury ones,but these look fantastic.And Gaw-juss !

I bought these as a kid when they came out. Sure they were a bit pricey, but in an era where GA reprints were sporadic and usually found in the back pages of a regular comics, and often muddy to boot, these oversized facsimile editions were pure awesomeness. It was a real thrill every time a new one came out.

It did say oversized in the listing, which in my mind is quite the choice of word for a seller claiming ignorance.

He also listed the dimensions of the book at the end of the listing.

(shrug)