• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBedrock's eclectic thread of truly weird shiznit...

143 posts in this topic

MARVELMANIA!!!!!

item19.jpg

Included in this batch of historical funnybook goodness are the following...

Marvelmania Magazine 1 (1969) vf

Marvel Mania Monthly Magazine (1970)

1 vf

2 vf - rust at top staple

3 vf - rust at staples

3 fn

4 vgf - heavy dust shadow

5 vg - dust shadow

Jack Kirby Portfolio (1970) Dimensional Industries fvf

MarvelMania Catalogue 1 fine

MarvelMania Catalogue 2 fvf

Two MarvelMania membership cards

MarvelMania Mad Money bill

One Hulk transfer sticker 4X6

Assorted flyers, sales sheets, certificates and discount coupons.

A good pile of stuff.

All for $175

:takeit:

Sold. Thanks Dale!

A couple of neat Peanuts items...

item18.jpg

item17.jpg

The address book (on left) has a copyright date of 1950 on the back cover. It is in fine condition. There is a very small speck above Charlie Brown's head. The inside is clean and unused. It is simply an address/phone book with no interior graphics.

The photo album (on right) has a copyright date of 1967 on the interior. It is from Hallmark. The interior has three pages of single panel strips, then twelve pages for photos front and back, then three more pages of strips. It is in beautiful, unused shape.

$45.00 for the pair

SWEET! Thanks (thumbs u

Are those kid's size Halloween costumes? For what age, please?

Thanks,

Andy

They are both kids costumes. The Dinky is listed as small. I would imagine ages 3 - 5.

The Mighty Mouse is listed as large (12 to 14) but I think kids are bigger today. It looks more like 6 to 8 year old size to me.

item11.jpg

First up...circa early '50s... A Terry-Toons Dinky Duck Halloween costume from Halco, complete in the box. The box has tape on the edge of one flap but is otherwise in great shape. The costume is complete but needs a good pressing. The mask is rubber and is one of the scariest things I've ever seen in my life. For a cute funny animal character this get-up was probably a fairly true representation back then. But any kid wearing it now will look like a nightmare come to life.

At any rate, this piece is pretty rare...$75.00

I think Dale just found the new dress code for his booth helpers hm

I think you should go back to kissing the CGC's arse in Comics General. :sumo:

Just imagine how cool you would look kissing CGC arse wearing a vintage Dinky Duck costume :cloud9:

MARVELMANIA!!!!!

item19.jpg

Included in this batch of historical funnybook goodness are the following...

Marvelmania Magazine 1 (1969) vf

Marvel Mania Monthly Magazine (1970)

1 vf

2 vf - rust at top staple

3 vf - rust at staples

3 fn

4 vgf - heavy dust shadow

5 vg - dust shadow

Jack Kirby Portfolio (1970) Dimensional Industries fvf

MarvelMania Catalogue 1 fine

MarvelMania Catalogue 2 fvf

Two MarvelMania membership cards

MarvelMania Mad Money bill

One Hulk transfer sticker 4X6

Assorted flyers, sales sheets, certificates and discount coupons.

A good pile of stuff.

All for $175

Incredible pickup. Congrats!

item11.jpg

First up...circa early '50s... A Terry-Toons Dinky Duck Halloween costume from Halco, complete in the box. The box has tape on the edge of one flap but is otherwise in great shape. The costume is complete but needs a good pressing. The mask is rubber and is one of the scariest things I've ever seen in my life. For a cute funny animal character this get-up was probably a fairly true representation back then. But any kid wearing it now will look like a nightmare come to life.

Greggy will certainly look like a nightmare come to life if he tries to squeeze into this. Maybe he'll just dress up his blowup doll.

item11.jpg

Please don't use this for Cosplay at Chicago. :facepalm:

Are those kid's size Halloween costumes? For what age, please?

Thanks,

Andy

They are both kids costumes. The Dinky is listed as small. I would imagine ages 3 - 5.

The Mighty Mouse is listed as large (12 to 14) but I think kids are bigger today. It looks more like 6 to 8 year old size to me.

Thanks Richard.

item11.jpg

(worship)

item11.jpg

I think Dale just found the new dress code for his booth helpers hm

I think you should go back to kissing the CGC's arse in Comics General. :sumo:

Just imagine how cool you would look kissing CGC arse wearing a vintage Dinky Duck costume :cloud9:

You must be talking to Schmidt.

item11.jpg

That's exactly what I'm talking about. A REAL MAN stepping up to the plate.

Thank so much, my brotha from anotha motha (thumbs u

item11.jpg

At any rate, this piece is pretty rare...$75.00 SOLD!

This would have sold for a lot more had you modeled it yourself :insane:

item11.jpg

At any rate, this piece is pretty rare...$75.00 SOLD!

This would have sold for a lot more had you modeled it yourself :insane:

He might have got half his leg in there. 2c

Next up...three Batman Villain banners, circa 1966...

item13.jpg

item14.jpg

item15.jpg

These are made out of cloth with great graphics. They were made to be wall hangings but they are very similar to dish rags. The Joker banner is missing the dowel rod and twine. But otherwise they are all in pretty good shape. You may want to get CCS to iron them for you.

$50.00 each or all three for $125.00 JOKER BANNER IS SOLD but Penguin and Riddler are still available.

these are amazing but I have nowhere to put them where my fiancee won't murder me.

Some advice from an old guy that's been married a long time. If you have no where to put these now because of your fiance - when you are married you'll have no place for most of your stuff. You've been warned....

item11.jpg

I would pay $100 for you to model this costume at a convention....

item11.jpg

That thing is scary!

That thing was in the same city as me? If I'd have known that, I never would have gone outside alone at night.