• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now this is an original Craigslist comics post

22 posts in this topic

The guilt is killing me!! I need to find my Dad's Comic Books!!! (nashville, surrounding areas)

These are something that i LOST!!!

Posting in LOST and FOUND... so if anyone has FOUND any of them.. Please email me.

I've read the guidelines too and im not in violation, so please don't FLAG my message! :(

CAUTION:: and or FYI,

I wrote a pretty good sized " background story" well, the full-on reason or extent of why i did what i did, and why i need what i need back... if at all possible. I want to see a smile, or tears that mean happiness. Maybe it'll even give me a few more years with my dad... but if you don't feel like reading my sob story, ( sob story because it is just sad, not that im trying to whine to get my way lol)

OK, i'm a writer too, and i just cant help but have to explain everything i'm trying to say! I Apologize!!! Just skip to the bottom if you don't want to read anymore, I'm looking for vintage 50's-60's comic books that i sold in 2003 that were my dads. Not mine, nope. and it was the worst thing ive ever done.. and ive been trying to find them or 1 or 2 or anything that i can give back to him!!! read on! or.. just... HELP please.. :/

... I don't really know what to say here... Except for this is the last place i can think of, that maybe, just maybe.. something will happen.

I'm now 27 years old. As a child, maybe 10 and under.. my dad and i had a great relationship. I was definitely daddy's little girl. But the older i got, the further apart we grew, and the further apart it went the worse it got. I wasn't the perfect kid, i wanted to be..i tried. But i guess i just wasn't dealt the best hand in life, and at a young age, i started rapidly changing due to the things happened to me, things out of my control that as a child there was nothing to understand about it except for that it was not right. It was very wrong, and damaging. And its a sad story that changed me. But this isn't about me, it's about my father....

My dad couldn't understand, i didn't understand, no one understood... and it was the 90's so whenever there was a problem with your child and no one really understood what to do, what did all the doctors do? Give them pills! It will stop their imagination! It'll stunt their growth and organs, they may sleep most of the day and gain an excess of 100lbs or so, but they might be happy, might be..or at least easier to manage so you can continue your day job, and only have time for your child for an hour or so a night before bed. Hmph, guess there's a lil resentment in there, not just guilt ;) Anyway, back to the background story which I think is very important to this need of mine.

They put me on anti-depressants starting at 10 years old. The original happy pill! ..but it didn't work. They tried everything for 12 years from A-Z, antidepressants, antipsychotics... all the , thats just , for a person as me anyway..and It made me worse. Now.. is it just me.. or when you are an unhappy child, you're forced to take medication that turns you into a zombie and you weigh 315lbs at the age of 15-16 and then they throw you in Highschool. Well, i'll be damned... that MUST be the recipe for happiness!!! I forgot how popular the overweight, gothic/freaky kids with emotional problems were! ... If you can't tell that's sarcasm, then just stop reading this, skip to the very bottom and just find out why i'm writing all this/giving a background.

Now, yes.. i had problems, problems that grew and grew because of the most absurd situations i've been forever put into. Whether God did it, or i did it out of poor judgement, or the fact that i was raised as one of the most confused individuals ever... ugh.. long story short, i was a messed up kid. So they took me to the doctor, the psychiatrist. Oh i wish so bad, that i knew now what i didn't know then, and that i knew what they were about to do to me back then. Because i wouldn't have let them! My whole life, ive been pumped full of medications that only made me worse. My adolescent- discovery age, where I learn to be myself from other people.. Then, left to my own devices as an adult. I'm trying my best, with the very few devices I do have, and i've managed to become a somewhat functioning adult.

But hey, at least some people ( Hopefully Doctors) have learned that You shouldn't pump a still growing and developing child full of medication that you don't even know the full results of.

My father knew this, and was very much against it. My mother tho, was the one who had to deal with me mostly, so she did try everything, including the meds. And therefore, most of my life has been secrets. "Don't tell your father, hide this from your father" etc. But he'd find something out sooner or later.. and that's when the Sh*t would hit the fan, all hell would break loose. This was one of the main reasons, our relationship fell apart and grew into hatred.. I thought my mother wanted to help, and that my father wanted me miserable,and that he just didn't understand and never would.

Little did I know.. he was sooo right. Right all along. Its just that he didn't express himself the way he should have to a person like me :/

Now, once again... I apologize for this huge story, but i think its very important that i explain myself and HOW IMPORTANT what i'm looking for is. IT MEANS SOOO MUCH TO ME. and will even more to the original owner! I can't explain.. I can't think about it, with out getting upset. This story isn't about me, its about my father and what i did to him because i was a stupid kid, who listened to everyone else but myself and my heart, and that's whats messed up most things in the world/my life. Its the good people out there, that listen and rely on others, and human nature has officially evolved into uncaring, selfish, i'll-screw-you-over-in-a-heart-beat-if-i-find-your-weakness.... and this SICKENS ME.

I'll get to the point now, because the people that i need to read this, that would more then likely actually have what i need... will not care to read any of that. But i just need so desperately to try and get anyone to understand how important this is.. so maybe, just maybe you can help! If you know anyone that may know anything, or whatnot.

Here it is.

My father and i, obviously had a huge falling out. We were near enemies. I could say that i truly hated him , and would beg my mother to divorce him. NONE of that is RIGHT. i could say i felt that way, but it was never true of course. As an adult, an adult left to my own devices and with the ability to step back and see what i've done. For my father and for myself, this is by far one of the worst things i've EVER done and tho it's a long shot, a million to one. I'm looking for Comic books. OLD/Vintage .. first editions even.

Thats right... I Secretly sold my fathers comic book collection, so i could " run away" to California. My dad has been collecting them since he was a child, and it was the only thing he really owned and had for himself from his childhood.. the things he really loved.. and i FREAKING STOLE THEM AND SOLD THEM FOR MY OWN STUPID GAIN!!! Just because the person i was currently hanging out with persuaded me too.. she talked up our negative relationship and made me believe he deserved it. (She was also the only one who knew about anything, and like i said for people, they do everything for themselves, she took me at age 17 to the bus station to go to California, taking my house key, she then returned to my house and robbed me of what she thought was valuable)

But this is IT! I've done SOOO much, i've done bad things, and i'm a true believer in karma, because she's proved to me over and over that she's real! i've spent my whole adulthood trying to be a good person, i donate, i volunteer, i do good deeds as much as possible, but there's just some things in my life i'll forever be haunted by.

When my dad found that his collection was gone.. which would probably be worth more then $20,000 now.. thats just my guess.. I've NEVER seen my daddy cry. NEVER... and i just. I can't forgive myself.

( The important Info basically starts in the paragraph below..)

Oh, this is getting hard... Like i said, i've spent my adulthood trying to do good things, and the past 2-3 years i've tried SOOO hard to make up for everything ive done and to make my parents, mostly my father proud. But i'm running out of time. He was diagnosed with Cancer in October, and has been fighting it. I can't STAND this. I CAN'T let him go with all these unresolved things..

i KNOW i'll never get back his whole collection, but at least i can tell you where i went to sell them, and what he had from my memory, AND he wrote his name in a lot of them in pencil mostly..

his name is BLAKE E. I don't feel comfortable putting his whole name, but if anyone has purchased comic books from The GREAT ESCAPE, the old one that was on broadway or demonbreun, something, i took some there. There were Disney ones, and Archie/veronica ones from there. He also had allll the marvel and DC. The first and Last superman, the first X-mens and all them, justice leagues, his favourite was THOR. Spider man, batman..not just comic heroes, but he had other kinda weird or kid like stories too but theyre 1950's- 1970's ( mostly 50's and 60's i think) and they have a name written in them thats BLAKE. Not all of them of course.. but i don't care.. i just want soo bad to try and get his collection back.. even if i could find just ONE that was actually his, i'd be.. speechless.. like now. but besides the GREAT ESCAPE.. the biggest and most IMPORTANT place... Was a place out in Rivergate/Madison area, it was personally owned.. i can't remember the name or anything.. it was just a comic book/collectibles store that's not there anymore. That's where i sold them all mostly.. if the guy who owned that store reads this.. PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! If you remember a kid and her older female friend bringing in boxes of comics that made your eyes light up, and i told you that they used to be my fathers or something.. or if ANYONE knows anything! The name of that store, how i can locate the owner.. anything. He gave around $3,000 for everything (I think) and i know now, it shoulda been like $15,000.... I just want to make my dad happy, smile.. BEAT HIS CANCER!! he just can't pass away being unhappy.. i didn't turn out how he expected or dreamed of .. anything.. i was the opposite. and instead of a gift, i feel like i was a punishment he never deserved. He was right all along. And im just trying to find closure. Thank you...

I'm also not asking you to GIVE ME these things for free. I'm looking for them, any of them. anything that was in his collection but maybe not his either... idk.

But i do have some money for the cause.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE!!! Give me any leads, or info or anything! FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Hicks Rd. at hwy 70

The guilt is killing me!! I need to find my Dad's Comic Books!!! (nashville, surrounding areas)

These are something that i LOST!!!

Posting in LOST and FOUND... so if anyone has FOUND any of them.. Please email me.

I've read the guidelines too and im not in violation, so please don't FLAG my message! :(

CAUTION:: and or FYI,

I wrote a pretty good sized " background story" well, the full-on reason or extent of why i did what i did, and why i need what i need back... if at all possible. I want to see a smile, or tears that mean happiness. Maybe it'll even give me a few more years with my dad... but if you don't feel like reading my sob story, ( sob story because it is just sad, not that im trying to whine to get my way lol)

OK, i'm a writer too, and i just cant help but have to explain everything i'm trying to say! I Apologize!!! Just skip to the bottom if you don't want to read anymore, I'm looking for vintage 50's-60's comic books that i sold in 2003 that were my dads. Not mine, nope. and it was the worst thing ive ever done.. and ive been trying to find them or 1 or 2 or anything that i can give back to him!!! read on! or.. just... HELP please.. :/

... I don't really know what to say here... Except for this is the last place i can think of, that maybe, just maybe.. something will happen.

I'm now 27 years old. As a child, maybe 10 and under.. my dad and i had a great relationship. I was definitely daddy's little girl. But the older i got, the further apart we grew, and the further apart it went the worse it got. I wasn't the perfect kid, i wanted to be..i tried. But i guess i just wasn't dealt the best hand in life, and at a young age, i started rapidly changing due to the things happened to me, things out of my control that as a child there was nothing to understand about it except for that it was not right. It was very wrong, and damaging. And its a sad story that changed me. But this isn't about me, it's about my father....

My dad couldn't understand, i didn't understand, no one understood... and it was the 90's so whenever there was a problem with your child and no one really understood what to do, what did all the doctors do? Give them pills! It will stop their imagination! It'll stunt their growth and organs, they may sleep most of the day and gain an excess of 100lbs or so, but they might be happy, might be..or at least easier to manage so you can continue your day job, and only have time for your child for an hour or so a night before bed. Hmph, guess there's a lil resentment in there, not just guilt ;) Anyway, back to the background story which I think is very important to this need of mine.

They put me on anti-depressants starting at 10 years old. The original happy pill! ..but it didn't work. They tried everything for 12 years from A-Z, antidepressants, antipsychotics... all the , thats just , for a person as me anyway..and It made me worse. Now.. is it just me.. or when you are an unhappy child, you're forced to take medication that turns you into a zombie and you weigh 315lbs at the age of 15-16 and then they throw you in Highschool. Well, i'll be damned... that MUST be the recipe for happiness!!! I forgot how popular the overweight, gothic/freaky kids with emotional problems were! ... If you can't tell that's sarcasm, then just stop reading this, skip to the very bottom and just find out why i'm writing all this/giving a background.

Now, yes.. i had problems, problems that grew and grew because of the most absurd situations i've been forever put into. Whether God did it, or i did it out of poor judgement, or the fact that i was raised as one of the most confused individuals ever... ugh.. long story short, i was a messed up kid. So they took me to the doctor, the psychiatrist. Oh i wish so bad, that i knew now what i didn't know then, and that i knew what they were about to do to me back then. Because i wouldn't have let them! My whole life, ive been pumped full of medications that only made me worse. My adolescent- discovery age, where I learn to be myself from other people.. Then, left to my own devices as an adult. I'm trying my best, with the very few devices I do have, and i've managed to become a somewhat functioning adult.

But hey, at least some people ( Hopefully Doctors) have learned that You shouldn't pump a still growing and developing child full of medication that you don't even know the full results of.

My father knew this, and was very much against it. My mother tho, was the one who had to deal with me mostly, so she did try everything, including the meds. And therefore, most of my life has been secrets. "Don't tell your father, hide this from your father" etc. But he'd find something out sooner or later.. and that's when the Sh*t would hit the fan, all hell would break loose. This was one of the main reasons, our relationship fell apart and grew into hatred.. I thought my mother wanted to help, and that my father wanted me miserable,and that he just didn't understand and never would.

Little did I know.. he was sooo right. Right all along. Its just that he didn't express himself the way he should have to a person like me :/

Now, once again... I apologize for this huge story, but i think its very important that i explain myself and HOW IMPORTANT what i'm looking for is. IT MEANS SOOO MUCH TO ME. and will even more to the original owner! I can't explain.. I can't think about it, with out getting upset. This story isn't about me, its about my father and what i did to him because i was a stupid kid, who listened to everyone else but myself and my heart, and that's whats messed up most things in the world/my life. Its the good people out there, that listen and rely on others, and human nature has officially evolved into uncaring, selfish, i'll-screw-you-over-in-a-heart-beat-if-i-find-your-weakness.... and this SICKENS ME.

I'll get to the point now, because the people that i need to read this, that would more then likely actually have what i need... will not care to read any of that. But i just need so desperately to try and get anyone to understand how important this is.. so maybe, just maybe you can help! If you know anyone that may know anything, or whatnot.

Here it is.

My father and i, obviously had a huge falling out. We were near enemies. I could say that i truly hated him , and would beg my mother to divorce him. NONE of that is RIGHT. i could say i felt that way, but it was never true of course. As an adult, an adult left to my own devices and with the ability to step back and see what i've done. For my father and for myself, this is by far one of the worst things i've EVER done and tho it's a long shot, a million to one. I'm looking for Comic books. OLD/Vintage .. first editions even.

Thats right... I Secretly sold my fathers comic book collection, so i could " run away" to California. My dad has been collecting them since he was a child, and it was the only thing he really owned and had for himself from his childhood.. the things he really loved.. and i FREAKING STOLE THEM AND SOLD THEM FOR MY OWN STUPID GAIN!!! Just because the person i was currently hanging out with persuaded me too.. she talked up our negative relationship and made me believe he deserved it. (She was also the only one who knew about anything, and like i said for people, they do everything for themselves, she took me at age 17 to the bus station to go to California, taking my house key, she then returned to my house and robbed me of what she thought was valuable)

But this is IT! I've done SOOO much, i've done bad things, and i'm a true believer in karma, because she's proved to me over and over that she's real! i've spent my whole adulthood trying to be a good person, i donate, i volunteer, i do good deeds as much as possible, but there's just some things in my life i'll forever be haunted by.

When my dad found that his collection was gone.. which would probably be worth more then $20,000 now.. thats just my guess.. I've NEVER seen my daddy cry. NEVER... and i just. I can't forgive myself.

( The important Info basically starts in the paragraph below..)

Oh, this is getting hard... Like i said, i've spent my adulthood trying to do good things, and the past 2-3 years i've tried SOOO hard to make up for everything ive done and to make my parents, mostly my father proud. But i'm running out of time. He was diagnosed with Cancer in October, and has been fighting it. I can't STAND this. I CAN'T let him go with all these unresolved things..

i KNOW i'll never get back his whole collection, but at least i can tell you where i went to sell them, and what he had from my memory, AND he wrote his name in a lot of them in pencil mostly..

his name is BLAKE E. I don't feel comfortable putting his whole name, but if anyone has purchased comic books from The GREAT ESCAPE, the old one that was on broadway or demonbreun, something, i took some there. There were Disney ones, and Archie/veronica ones from there. He also had allll the marvel and DC. The first and Last superman, the first X-mens and all them, justice leagues, his favourite was THOR. Spider man, batman..not just comic heroes, but he had other kinda weird or kid like stories too but theyre 1950's- 1970's ( mostly 50's and 60's i think) and they have a name written in them thats BLAKE. Not all of them of course.. but i don't care.. i just want soo bad to try and get his collection back.. even if i could find just ONE that was actually his, i'd be.. speechless.. like now. but besides the GREAT ESCAPE.. the biggest and most IMPORTANT place... Was a place out in Rivergate/Madison area, it was personally owned.. i can't remember the name or anything.. it was just a comic book/collectibles store that's not there anymore. That's where i sold them all mostly.. if the guy who owned that store reads this.. PLEASE CONTACT ME!!! If you remember a kid and her older female friend bringing in boxes of comics that made your eyes light up, and i told you that they used to be my fathers or something.. or if ANYONE knows anything! The name of that store, how i can locate the owner.. anything. He gave around $3,000 for everything (I think) and i know now, it shoulda been like $15,000.... I just want to make my dad happy, smile.. BEAT HIS CANCER!! he just can't pass away being unhappy.. i didn't turn out how he expected or dreamed of .. anything.. i was the opposite. and instead of a gift, i feel like i was a punishment he never deserved. He was right all along. And im just trying to find closure. Thank you...

I'm also not asking you to GIVE ME these things for free. I'm looking for them, any of them. anything that was in his collection but maybe not his either... idk.

But i do have some money for the cause.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE!!! Give me any leads, or info or anything! FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Hicks Rd. at hwy 70

whambulance2.jpg

The writer wrote " I was definitely daddy's little girl. " in a paragraph so its a woman who stole and then sold her dads collection . Now she wants people to help find it and give it back (For some money ) including the first superman ??

The writer wrote " I was definitely daddy's little girl. " in a paragraph so its a woman who stole and then sold her dads collection . Now she wants people to help find it and give it back (For some money ) including the first superman ??

to be fair i know plenty of dudes I'd consider, "daddy's little girl". That proves nothing lol

to be fair i know plenty of dudes I'd consider, "daddy's little girl". That proves nothing lol

Me too. But unless you know plenty of dudes who'd actually call themselves "daddy's little girl", I'd say it proves a lot. :/

I've been to the Great Escape. Probably about 20 years ago or so. I can't really remember buying anything there, and I'm all but positive none of my stuff has "Blake" on it, but wow. I hope my daughter (or son either) feel they need to get back at me like that.

lol she wants to recover the 1st superman she's goona need to open an account on comicconnect and get a loan of about 250k that's a start

She can start hookin.

I think it's a bizarre attempt to score some valuable books for next to nothing.

I mean, c'mon, the whole ridiculous, overly dramatic thing to me seems like a ploy to convince those folks that might read the entire thing that it's authentic & who may just reply with an offer to supply a couple of nice books to "the cause" of helping this chick repair her relationship with her dad before he kicks the bucket.

Pardon me for being a cynic, but I think it's utter nonsense. I just don't buy it.

And, this individual actually had the audacity to attempt to excuse that novel length mess as being the result of her being some sort of an aspiring "writer"?

Sorry, but that's a major crime in & of itself. Not to even mention the totally likely fraudulent attempt at persuading some gullible. but good natured collectors out of some valuable comics.