• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm getting Pretty Deadly... are u?

422 posts in this topic

Quite the minefield of variants for this title.

( some of which are quite lovely )

Don't overlook:

First appearance of Pretty Deadly: Chin Music #2

Phantom variant was limited to 1k

chin2.JPG

I thought that Image Comics What's Next was the first appearance of Pretty Deadly, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Velvet, Black Science, and others at the Image Expo on July 2.

Annnd...

You would be correct,

Guess we have another San Diego Comic-Con Comics #2 vs. Next Men 21 situation...

Quite the minefield of variants for this title.

( some of which are quite lovely )

Don't overlook:

First appearance of Pretty Deadly: Chin Music #2

Phantom variant was limited to 1k

chin2.JPG

I thought that Image Comics What's Next was the first appearance of Pretty Deadly, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Velvet, Black Science, and others at the Image Expo on July 2.

Annnd...

You would be correct,

Guess we have another San Diego Comic-Con Comics #2 vs. Next Men 21 situation...

Good problem to have lol

Chin Music 2 was originally scheduled for June release. This could definitely be a situation like you stated above.

It wasn't liked locally at my shop. I didn't bother as it didn't interest me. All go back and get a trade later.

So basically, it's going to be a hit then? ;)

I hate when you do that, but yes you are correct.(Sometimes)

I already picked my winner for the next few months and its got numbers in the title. :cloud9:

It wasn't liked locally at my shop. I didn't bother as it didn't interest me. All go back and get a trade later.

I already picked my winner for the next few months and its got numbers in the title. :cloud9:

We are riding the same horse on that one (thumbs u

i hear you. i hope it does well, Oni is cool in my book :)

I saw a video with Kelly 'unboxing' her first copies of Pretty Deadly, she went through the box and lifted up one variant and said something to the effect of "oops that's the secret one".

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/64676266637/and-now-kellysue-sees-her-first-copies-of-pretty

Turns out there is a Ghost Variant of Pretty Deadly #1 now also:

http://ghostvariant.tumblr.com/post/64841486934/gv010-pretty-deadly-1-release-date-october-23

I hate Ghost Variant. there is no store in Maryland sells them. And the Va store only let me buy one, and he jack the price up to 3X.

I enjoyed it! The story and characters still need some time to develop but overall it was a strong first issue. I'm not a flipper so all the covers don't bother me on that level but as a completionist I'm intimidated. I'll personally just be getting the regular cover and maybe FP. I kinda like the ACME cover as well but I think I'm alone on that one.

Read through my copy earlier.

I quite like the art and setting, and eager to learn more about how the characters have ended up in their predicament. Not going to go all out and say omg it's the book of the year/ it's awesome/ best thing since sliced bread like a lot of hype filled reviews and posts :eyeroll: because it isn't but I've enjoyed it more than the first issue of more recent titles such as EoW, Sex Criminals, Sex.

Looking forward to meeting the creators at Thought Bubble in a few weeks :)

The FP variant is a B&W wraparound of the regular cover and is quite nice.

Awesome, another Thought Bubble attendee :applause:

Weird that some of you liked it. Now I didn't hate it and will read the next few issues [hoping for a quick ramp up next issue] but I read 25 titles on Wednesday and this was at the very bottom of my list [yet was in the top 3 for wanting to read]

So did anyone actually like this book?

I give it a 2 out of a 10. I see a Huuuuuuuge drop off from #1 to #2

I'd give it a 6. Rios' art is scratchy and indistinguishable in some panels. It's too early to comment on the plot/story, as the tale is indeed told in a non-linear fashion. To me, an average debut issue.