• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Your Ex Takes Your Comic Collection…

40 posts in this topic

"It consists of three thousand comics, mainly Marvel, DC from 2000 0nwards, but some indies and some stuff I had left from the eighties."

He should rejoice. He got rid of those boat anchors AND he can press charges. lol

"It consists of three thousand comics, mainly Marvel, DC from 2000 0nwards, but some indies and some stuff I had left from the eighties."

He should rejoice. He got rid of those boat anchors AND he can press charges. lol

Not to mention the printer's acetates :insane: Honestly, if you fall for that spoon, you probably should be collecting NYC bridges.

Not to mention the printer's acetates :insane: Honestly, if you fall for that spoon, you probably should be collecting NYC bridges.

:roflmao:

Clearly not her property and they're not even married...

He could easily put her name and reputation out there on the Internet forever. Any cursory search by employers would turn it up.

In the States the ex-husband must come up with 1/2 of the retail value of the collection and give it to his ex. She gets full value for her half and the husband gets comics worth 1/3 to 1/2 if he decides to sell to a dealer.

Since she took the collection can't the ex claim that she owes him half of the value?

In the States the ex-husband must come up with 1/2 of the retail value of the collection and give it to his ex. She gets full value for her half and the husband gets comics worth 1/3 to 1/2 if he decides to sell to a dealer.

Since she took the collection can't the ex claim that she owes him half of the value?

That depends on what state you're in. When I was divorced I didn't have to come up with anything. :grin:

The article clearly states it was an ex-girlfriend, not an estranged wife. (shrug)

The article clearly states it was an ex-girlfriend, not an estranged wife. (shrug)

That means she is entitled to nada.

Any girl I date has no idea of the "value" of the comic collection. My parents and brother do in case (as I once joked) I get pushed into the path of a train. Since that seems to be the latest trend in NYC, I have to consider somehow giving them access to the bank box.

You can say it is dishonest but I do not think that I need to make any girl I date or marry aware of exactly everything I bring into a relationship. I think I handle my finances better than most and not as well as I could. If push came to shove, I would sell something off but I would want that to be my decision without outside influence.

All they need to be aware of is the moderns.