• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald, Eerie Publications, Stanley Magazines oh my!

483 posts in this topic

Hey, Skywald collectors - I'm trying to identify a story I loved as a kid, that would have been in either Psycho or Nightmare.

A kid finds a furry little alien in a field, takes him home and makes a pet of him. The alien works on a translator that looks like an over-sized Lima bean, and when he finally gets it working, the kid's mother hears, freaks out and flushes the alien down the toilet ( ! ) in horror. In the last panel, she's kneeling beside the toilet and sobbing that the kid "always brings home such little monsters."

Not only a great little science fiction story, but nice artwork on this one too.

So, guys - what's the story, what's the magazine and issue?

I think that story was called "Broken Sparrow" by underground artist, Larry Todd, and it first appeared in Nightmare No. 6. It may have been reprinted a time or two later.

He did a story and cover for Warren in Eerie No. 33 called "Starvisions" in the same cool style.

I think that story was called "Broken Sparrow" by underground artist, Larry Todd, and it first appeared in Nightmare No. 6. It may have been reprinted a time or two later.

He did a story and cover for Warren in Eerie No. 33 called "Starvisions" in the same cool style.

Yup - I think that's it.

Bravo, creepy46. Thanks for the quick detective work! (thumbs u