• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skywald, Eerie Publications, Stanley Magazines oh my!

483 posts in this topic

Which 2 men's magazines? :popcorn:

That would be:

KING The Magazine for the Man's Man

(Squarebound B&W magazine; Men's Explotation, viloence & Nudity mag; Adult content; Sol Brodsky publisher & Art Director.

Photo's, Text stories, & illustrations; Many single panel comic gags)

I believe it was supposed to try to compete with Playboy but only lasted two issues.

Which 2 men's magazines? :popcorn:

That would be:

KING The Magazine for the Man's Man

(Squarebound B&W magazine; Men's Explotation, viloence & Nudity mag; Adult content; Sol Brodsky publisher & Art Director.

Photo's, Text stories, & illustrations; Many single panel comic gags)

I believe it was supposed to try to compete with Playboy but only lasted two issues.

I didn't even know about those. (thumbs u

Got my copy Mr. Jayman, thinking about sending it to you for an autograph (worship)

I just helped out with the scans and while it was nice of David to mention me,

the coolest thing to me is that whenever I look through it I can say those are my books! :headbang:

Got my copy Mr. Jayman, thinking about sending it to you for an autograph (worship)

I just helped out with the scans and while it was nice of David to mention me,

the coolest thing to me is that whenever I look through it I can say those are my books! :headbang:

I think it's cool. I'd get a charge if they were mine. (thumbs u

For Shame! (tsk) Don't you have a copy of The Complete Illustrated History of the Skywald Horror-Mood?

I'm even mentioned in it! :acclaim:

I am now the proud owner of a copy of the CIHSHM. :acclaim:

For Shame! (tsk) Don't you have a copy of The Complete Illustrated History of the Skywald Horror-Mood?

I'm even mentioned in it! :acclaim:

I am now the proud owner of a copy of the CIHSHM. :acclaim:

(worship):grin:(worship)

I actually only really discovered the Skywalds this past decade. They're much harder to find than the Warrens and I only have a few of them.

09-07-2011105133PM.jpg

09-07-2011105152PM.jpg

09-07-2011105158PM.jpg

09-07-2011105204PM.jpg

The Skywalds have much gorier covers than do the Warren mags but in general the artwork in the Skywalds is almost on par with that in the Warren mags.

:popcorn: