• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My grail book is finally on E-Bay!

28 posts in this topic

:whee:

But I think I might try to talk him down to $2,650. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1938-DC-10-CGC-0-0-1027428009-/130835450464?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e76668a60

You can get it for $2,500 here. I wondered why MCS had such a stupid price on this item, but it's a consignment piece, so maybe the seller couldn't be talked down? (Although MCS aren't doing their credibility any favours by this listing.)

Our hobby is getting kind of weird with all of these individual pages being slabbed now. And now a back cover that doesn't even have a shred of comic book art on it. And yet..... it's the back cover of Action 10. Someone's gonna want it.

I bought one of the Action 1 pages that was slabbed and am really happy to have it.

:whee:

But I think I might try to talk him down to $2,650. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1938-DC-10-CGC-0-0-1027428009-/130835450464?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e76668a60

You can get it for $2,500 here. I wondered why MCS had such a stupid price on this item, but it's a consignment piece, so maybe the seller couldn't be talked down? (Although MCS aren't doing their credibility any favours by this listing.)

It is a consignment. Don't know if he'll get his price, but he knows what he's doing--experienced collector with a lot of background buying and selling books (pages? :) ) in that range.

I remember seeing a restored Action 10, CGC graded, with the note "wrong back cover" a few years ago. Think it was given a .5, but had a lot of eye appeal. This would be a heck of a piece to match up.

IT it expensive sure but it is from an expensive book. I remember seeing half a Whiz 1 cover sell for a ton of cash. If this was the back cover for Action 1 I wonder if the reaction would still be the same. Obviously the seller is looking for the right buyer and that buyer won't care about spending 2500 to make there 10K book worth 20K. It's all about perspective and what someone needs for a book.

James G

Obviously the seller is looking for the right buyer and that buyer won't care about spending 2500 to make there 10K book worth 20K.

Right Buyer = Sucker

If Ebay charged a per weekly fee that was a percentage of the asking price of B.I.N. listings, it would reduce the number of silly listings dramatically.

:eyeroll: