• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nashville Comic Expo - September 14-15, 2013 - LAUREN COHAN from WD + STERANKO!

118 posts in this topic

An alright show. However I will say that it was very weird that the convention center made guests enter through the back door. Also costumes were not allows outside the con hall. There were signs everywhere telling you not to wear them around the grounds or hotel.

I have never been to a show that the convention center went out of its way to hide the con.

But besides that it was a great show.

My girlfriend and I noticed the same thing. While it might have been on purpose, I bet it was just a matter of convenience. You had to go through a "back door" but at least when you walked through you were actually there at the convention hall - which is separate from the rest of the hotel. I was glad I didn't have to walk through the massive maze of a hotel - I get lost almost every time I go there.

As far as the "no costume in the hotel" rule, that's probably a security precaution. A paranoid move? Maybe. But unfortunately, that's the type of world in which we now live.

I enjoyed the show today and it was good to see a decent turnout. I agree that security would certainly be the primary consideration for the "no costumes in the hotel" rule. I would also guess that the hotel didn't want a ton of costumed characters tromping through the hotel upsetting the regular guests. As I was leaving, I saw TupennyConan dealing with a security issue... a young lady arrived dressed as Freddy Krueger complete with the claws on the hands and it appeared security was reluctant to let her enter.

The show was well run, easily accessible with no long lines, and seemed reasonably well attended. It was good to see Dale Roberts in attendance and he had the largest offering of comics. Tomorrow's Treasures (Richie Munchin) was there, as was Leroy Harper, and a few dealers I had not seen before.

Overall, a solid first effort and I'm looking forward to seeing if this show will continue to grow.

STERANKO will be there both Saturday & Sunday.

His autograph will be at no charge.

He is located at center stage of the exhibitor hall.

:( I thought you said no charge. :sumo:

Oh well I got some autographs from him anyway cool guy and did some real nice personlized signatures on my books. :cool:

(thumbs u Also got a great looking Iron Man #120 Double Cover from Leroy and some other cool books, Thanks man.

:) Had a nice little Shuttle ride from the Parking area to the showm and it was a well layed out show with plenty of room in the ailes, I bought lots of cool comics and had a good time. I would go again. :headbang:

Just got home and ready to watch Breaking Bad on DVR!

Killer show for me as far as sales go. We were busy all day Sat until maybe 90 min before show closed. Today was decent for sales also but I could have done nada and still had great weekend.

I brought 19 fresh discount long boxes of 1950's-1970's comics priced from $1-$5 and sold 9 boxes. When was the last time you saw a Atlas Subby (yes it was beat and brittle) in a $5 box?

The 3 amigos did a great job but as they will tell you they had a great supporting crew and from my view the show ran smooth.

2 complaints that are minor.

1) 10 x 10 booth and only 1 6' table provided.

2) Load out could have been quicker as the dock area was quite large but they only let in about 6 vehicles at a time when it seems they could have let in 20.

When can I pay for my booth for next year?

Leroy

I agree it was a good show. The turnout on Saturday was really good, and Sunday was not bad. Certainly the best show in Nashville in 20 years.

I also agree with Leroy that you guys need to get at least 1 8 foot table per booth, preferably an 8 and a 6 for a corner booth. And the loading dock was small, and not run very well, not like you can do much about that though.

Tupenny came by numerous times to check and see if we needed anything, which was extremely nice.

I personally really like the venue, but I can see how it is confusing for people to get in, hopefully there will be lots more signs next year to direct people to the correct room. :baiting:rocker

I understand the hotel's view. If you are a 4/5 star hotel, I can understand not wanting creepy or scantily clad people in costumes intermingling with people who are paying $300.00 a night for their hotel room.

Overally, the show came off very nice, especially for a first time show. I would guestimate the attendance to be in the 4 - 5000 range, with probably 3800 of the coming on Sunday. Most of the dealers I talked to did okay or better. I could easily see this show growing to an attendance of 12 - 15,000 within a couple of years, if they work at it.

Lots of fun, good money, and close to home. How can I ask for more?

A year ago, over eggs & pankcakes in Rosemont at Wizard Chicago, the question was asked: what about Nashville?

We have answered that question with an unqualified success.

We will return to Music City in 2014, bigger & better.

Thanks again to our awesome team. The folks in our photo are bright, energetic, & talented. The 3 amigos are fortunate, are blessed to have them on our side.

Thanks as well to our attendees, guests, & exhibitors. I heard a lot of folks say how happy they were. :)

Thanks to Neil & Stephen. Brilliant!

Nashville!! (worship)

A year ago, over eggs & pankcakes in Rosemont at Wizard Chicago, the question was asked: what about Nashville?

We have answered that question with an unqualified success.

We will return to Music City in 2015, bigger & better.

Thanks again to our awesome team. The folks in our photo are bright, energetic, & talented. The 3 amigos are fortunate, are blessed to have them on our side.

Thanks as well to our attendees, guests, & exhibitors. I heard a lot of folks say how happy they were. :)

Thanks to Neil & Stephen. Brilliant!

Nashville!! (worship)

What about 2014?

Had a FANTASTIC time and did very well both days. Thanks to all 3 amigos for running another SUPER show!!!

Did some super buying as well. Spent a lot with Leroy on $1-$5 books. Some great deals in those! I also picked up some nice Legion issues for a customer. Plus a FF #52 and a TTA #44. Also picked up an Adventure #283 for myself.

I hope to be back next year!!!

Had dinner Saturday night at the Stock-Yard. It AIN'T cheap but I can highly recommend it!!! Check it out if you're ever in Nashville.

http://www.stock-yardrestaurant.com/

The show was great, had a great time and got alot of comics that were on my want list. Wish there were a few more comic dealers and some more cosplayers.

Those 2 things don't really go together. There is an old saying among comic dealers.....Costumes have no pockets.

The show was great, had a great time and got alot of comics that were on my want list. Wish there were a few more comic dealers and some more cosplayers.

Those 2 things don't really go together. There is an old saying among comic dealers.....Costumes have no pockets.

Actually Captain America bought 2 comics from me that totaled $45. He is an exception though since he has multiple pouches.

He did ask I remove the comics from the bags and flip the pages for him as gloves were bulky.

Also WTTB wkutopper

I just wanted to chime and say thanks to everyone who worked to bring this show to Nashville. I was especially happy to see some of the larger dealers out in full force. I have zero complaints as a spectator.

Also heard some of the local radio stations plugging the show, so good job PR folks!

Had a great time and I'm looking forward to next year.