• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Ultimate Spider-Man Over-Stayed its Welcome?

84 members have voted

1. 1. 1

32 posts in this topic

Do you think that Ultimate Spider-Man sucks and must go?

Or do you still love it?

I used love it but then after the crappy Hollywood arc and the upcoming stories i truely dont know anymore.

Seriously, they've trotted out (ripped-off) EVERY single "cool" storyline/element/character from over 500 issues of Amazing Spider-Man... and in under 60 issues!

Now what?

Are you seriously telling me that they're going to try to run this series concurrent with the "regular universe" book(s)? THAT'S not a train wreck waiting to happen.

Remember when DC did that? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is this Marvel's version of "Earth-2"?

I dont find it surprisingly god issue after issue any more, but Its still better than the "real" Spidey right now. Somehow nothibng seems to matter any more in Amazing.... too many paralell plot developments with friends and villains. I no longer have a clear sense of what has happenned before...

Seriously, they've trotted out (ripped-off) EVERY single "cool" storyline/element/character from over 500 issues of Amazing Spider-Man... and in under 60 issues!

And somehow it rarely felt like anything was happening. 893frustrated.gif

And somehow it rarely felt like anything was happening. 893frustrated.gif

Something is always happening is you consider 20 pages of "goo-goo eyes" and "soulful reaction shots" "happening." insane.gif

27_laughing.gif893frustrated.gifinsane.gif

I dropped USM about 7 months ago and don't miss it a bit. cloud9.gif

Do you think that Ultimate Spider-Man sucks and must go?

Nope. Doesn't suck. Shouldn't go.

Or do you still love it?

Nope, but I still like it enough to want to read it. I would still place it in my top 10 regular series "must" reads.

I think the question should be "has Bendis spread himself too thin"?

With Powers, USM, Avengers, The Pulse, and recently completed arcs on UFF and UXM along with overseeing the Avengers crossovers and Ultimate "universe", plus loads of personal appearances, hollywood schmoozing, etc. he's definitely riding the "burnout" wave.

I like Ultimate Spider-Man, but that is probably because I read it in the TPB form. I would imagine it would suck as a monthly. It isn't really designed for the pamphlet by the way it is written.

I like Ultimate Spider-Man, but that is probably because I read it in the TPB form. I would imagine it would suck as a monthly. It isn't really designed for the pamphlet by the way it is written.

I agree! I only read USM in TPBs, and it is very good. The same goes for Ultimate X-men.