• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey when is Silver Age going to Crash?

441 posts in this topic

did you just post that to tease me? foreheadslap.gif27_laughing.gif

Sorry dude. flowerred.gif You reminded me about the copy I used to own, and I thought you might like to see it. If I wanted to tease you I would have mentioned how much I bought it for. gossip.gif

Whoever's selling all the 9.8 SA DCs on Heritage right now is clearly a believer that the run up in early SA DC prices is going to extend to middle and late SA DC. The bump just happened, and I'm amazed at the reserve he/she is setting:

Flash 167

Flash 170

GL 39

GL 51

Star Spangled War Stories 142

These are some serious multiples, even for 9.8s. It will be very interesting to see if they sell at these prices.

Auction on Ebay for Avengers 1 CGC 9.0 ow/w pages with buy it now for $6975.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32726&item=2260270590&rd=1

July 29th Heritage Auction the same book sold for $5700.

http://www.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=751&Lot_No=3675&src=pr

I guess you could consider the buyer a long term buy and hold type, if his life span was that of a fruit fly. Actually for $5700 it is not a bad buy considering the last one to sell on Comic Link, some time ago, sold for $5000.

I guess you could consider the buyer a long term buy and hold type, if his life span was that of a fruit fly. Actually for $5700 it is not a bad buy considering the last one to sell on Comic Link, some time ago, sold for $5000.

I have a CGC 8.5 which looks just as nice. II was even thinking about upgrading, but didn't see enough difference to pay two grand more.I couldn't tell if the crease at the top was on the slab or on the book.

Maybe that's why it didn't sell for more.

I hope you are jesting? I think you can pick one up at ComicLink for under $600. Not sure how many 9.4s exactly I have seen but have seen many 9.0s and 9.2s.

Actually I had no idea. I thought this was hard to find at 9.4 and above? I figured it was priced like issue #53 (Black Panther?).

The Comiclink cgc 8.5 copy that sold about 4 months ago for $3200 was nice and the price was decent.Is trhat the copy that you have.

No, I owned mine for over a decade and submitted myself. Because of the dark green near the spine, most copies (including mine) show spine stress rather clearly.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am having very little luck getting any early to mid Silver-Age books unless I'm paying well above average prices.

Good luck find any early TOS, TTA, JIM, ST at average prices in 9.0 or better. Oh, and if you do, leave me the scraps.

Well lets see. It crashed in the mid-80's and stayed dead until the late 80's, and it crashed again in 1997, and didn't come back until CGC came on the scene in 2000, so I figure a crash is just about due.

Kind of like the Inquisition?

Nobody expects the Comics Inquisition!!!

Our chief weapons are fear, surprise, and an almost fantatical devotion to Steve Borock.

How many board members born after 1980 are reading the last 2 posts and saying "What the HELL are you guys talking about?"

WE WANT,...A SHRUBERY (one that looks nice!) NEAH! NEAH! NEAH!

Our chief weapons are fear, surprise, and an almost fantatical devotion to Steve Borock.

Have you ever noticed that, with the lights off, a slabbed book looks just like The Monolith in 2001:A Space Oddessy?

Doom, Doom, Doom, Doom, Doom,.. 27_laughing.gif

Is this what is referred to as a "Thread Hi-Jacking"? When we take the discussion where no man has gone before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif