• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters-Lee/Romita Sr+Jr/Shooter/Claremont/Austin/Sinnott/Trimpe/DeFalco

251 posts in this topic

You bet guys!

I just bought 5 copies of X Men 142 to light up with Claremont, Austin, Romita Sr. and Lee sigs!!

romita?

You bet guys!

I just bought 5 copies of X Men 142 to light up with Claremont, Austin, Romita Sr. and Lee sigs!!

romita?

Yeah, you lost me on that one too. Did Romita Sr. do some of the inside work? Pretty sure that's a Austin cover and Claremont Story. Claremont, Austin and Shooter are my picks. (Lee goes with anything... :) )

My partner Chris loves putting Romita on almost any cover that has Wolverine or one of his other characters on it.

I argue with him sometimes and say that he does not need to be on every one....

Jim Shooter would be good to sign 141 and 142?? Was he the Editor in Chief then?

My partner Chris loves putting Romita on almost any cover that has Wolverine or one of his other characters on it.

I argue with him sometimes and say that he does not need to be on every one....

Jim Shooter would be good to sign 141 and 142?? Was he the Editor in Chief then?

He was EIC 78 thru 87 I believe. So yup.

aha thanks for the 411.

Now some feedback for my partner Chris-

Would Romita Sr's signature on this book enhance the value, do nothing for it, or make it less valuable?

Personally, and this is just me, I don't see the connection between Romita and this book. I know he had a hand in Wolverine's creation, but this isn't a Wolverine book, it's an X-Men book.

If I were in the market (and I might be hm ) adding Romita and Lee hurt the value to me. Yes, they created characters in the book, but that is extraneous to why that particular book is popular.

That being said, as long as anything you do doesn't harm anyone else, go for it! It's your book!

aha thanks for the 411.

Now some feedback for my partner Chris-

Would Romita Sr's signature on this book enhance the value, do nothing for it, or make it less valuable?

I say do nothing for it, but I'm biased. I pretty much only get creators to sign books they had a hand in. But not my book, and it ain't like there isn't 5 billion more X-men 142s out there.

hm

All interesting points.

I am swayed into the opinion that Romita would enhance the book. To me he was just as big a part of Marvel as Stan. And if I am already putting Stan on my keeper books then Mr. Romita should be there as well. 2c

Then toss in trimpe too. He drew the first wolvie