• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masters-Lee/Romita Sr+Jr/Shooter/Claremont/Austin/Sinnott/Trimpe/DeFalco

251 posts in this topic

Tom DeFalco was the editor in chief for 238.

That is incorrect. Shooter was.

M

I was going off ComicDB - if Tom has no vested interest in the book, then I will tell Sean to remove him from the book.

THANKS, Brian

He was the Editor and overseer of the Spidey books at the time and would take over the writing on the series shortly thereafter.

Tom DeFalco was the editor in chief for 238.

That is incorrect. Shooter was.

M

I was going off ComicDB - if Tom has no vested interest in the book, then I will tell Sean to remove him from the book.

THANKS, Brian

Brian,

Wasn't trying to talk you out of it. I'm still picking books myself and wanted to see if he'd worked on it. As others have said, he doesn't have a creative credit, but it does sound like he was the editor. Great bunch of books your getting signed.

M

Packing up

Amazing Spider-Man #100 Lee & Romita Sr

Amazing Spider-Man #122 Romita Sr

Also sending my Amazing Spider-Man 500 Covers hardcover to get Romita Sr to sign. My goal with the hardcover is to get as many artist who worked on the first 500 covers of Amazing Spider-Man to sign the book. So far I have J. Scott Campbell, Frank Cho, Bob Layton, Alex Saviuk, Michael Zeck and Bill Sienkivitch(spelled badly). Will add Mark Bagley this weekend.

Thanks Sean for the help, looking forward to seeing how the books turn out.

We are no longer charging prep fees. We encourage everyone to prep their own books except for Yellow Signature Series books being re-submitted. Leave those for us!

This is a signing that took a lot of effort to coordinate. It is an excellent opportunity to get a large # of phenomenal autographs and save on grading and shipping at the same time.

We will also be attending the Boston Comic Con and accepting submissions so it will be possible to add requests from that guest list. Obviously any additional talent fees will be passed on.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to pm or email me. I pride myself on good communication at all costs.

Are we aloud or able to request /state a specific color of sharpie to be used for the signings ?... Lately I have been really fond of metallic bronze :luhv::cloud9:

what if i throw one in with the books ?..

I think he would do his best to help. But if an artist happens to like or dislike a certain color or pen, or they're in a groove of signing 400 comics in a row, a switch to a special pen may not be possible. And to guarantee anything but a good faith effort would be disingenuous.

I have a Bronze sharpie or two. If you throw one in I will keep it and go "synch is the man for giving me an extra sharpie. I am def. gonna bring this and try to use it.".

But yeah Revat put it best. Sometimes it is fast or busy or sometimes the artist gets in a good groove or sometimes they actually want to use a different color...