• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

xladies_6_sm_covers_sm_zps356b5409.jpg

Ummmm WHOA. I usually say get things CGC'd, but don't with those. It'd be a shame to have those in a slab.

I agree it would be a shame but on the other hand we all love to get them CGC'd for the authentication and to give credit to the artist.

Where is Best Of The Best inter-locking covers when you need it?

Here's the completed multi-book thing I mentioned earlier; "Attack on Utopia" by Daniel Govar. I initially approached him about doing something across 3-4 books, but he suggested 6 to give him enough room to depict this spectacular scene of sentinels attacking the X-men's Utopia island.

I uploaded the individual covers to the CAF page if anyone wants a closer look: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1062494

xladies_6_sm_covers_sm_zps356b5409.jpg

wow very very nice

So here is one of my covers from NYCC & the first i've ever posted up on the Boards! Thanks to Brian for telling me how to upload it, because i am totally computer illiterate :P

So here it is, the old X-Factor team by Clay Mann... Worthy of an X-Men BOTB challenge???

lu38.jpg

This is up there as one of my favorite covers. Really impressed by Mann's sketch covers, but never really liked his published stuff. I may have to re-evaluate this thought.

null_zps14d8b838.jpg

Grell for hdiddy

null_zps9303dfb3.jpg

Castillo for type-r

null_zps2663df68.jpg

Pick up for goldeneye

null_zps853edea7.jpg

Pick up for goldeneye

null_zpse0e00065.jpg

Ultramanking Chris Stevens

null_zps5532dd17.jpg

Chris Stevens for a boardie

null_zpsfd4be498.jpg

Chris Stevens for buckycap

null_zps2663df68.jpg

Pick up for goldeneye

null_zps853edea7.jpg

Pick up for goldeneye

Thank you so much Doug these came out fantastic.

I am absolutely in love with the Black Canary piece it may be my favorite piece in my sketch cover collection. The details and use of watercolors its classic Mike Grell. What can I say about the Neal Adams/Mike Grell combo other than Grell did an extremely nice job of putting Green Arrow in a position that really compliments Neal Adams's Green Lantern really well. My dream team project is finally finished.