• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite 1970s comic-related tv series.

38 posts in this topic

WTF are you talking about little boy? You probably stocked up on the mail away poster from the 1970s hoping that she has a revival in her career. Poor decision old man! mad.gif

Battlestar Galactica. Without a doubt.

And then I loved the Galactica '80 revival attempt. I could never understand, from a 10 year old perspective, why these brilliant shows that I loved kept getting cancelled. smirk.gif

My personal 2 faves were $6 Million Man w/ Lee Major & later Battlestar G w/ Cdn Lorne Greene as Commander Adama. Luv those nasty red-eye Cylon warriors. Just sold a big box of 1978-79 Battlestar G paper collectibles to a client in the UK where that series was also immensely popular.

Favorite comic related shows: The closest I can come is "The Six Million Dollar Man" . It was a weekly ritual for most of elementary school and was just plain, good fun. Although I watched the Hulk regularly and have fond memories, I was almost too old and just couldn't get over inconsistencies with the comic.

Other favorite 70's shows: The Rockford Files (one of the best shows EVER-still holds up against anything and changed the way TV detective shows were made). And "The Odd Couple"-undeniably the funniest show ever made. I'll argue with anyone over this (just ask my wife).

I loved all those 70's shows but the Incredible Hulk was tops for me. I got to shake his hand at Universal Studios when I was 5 and wouldn't wash the green off my hand that whole week. It's kind of cool that just about a year and a half ago, I got to meet Lou Ferrigno at a Comicon in KC and get his autographed book and some Hulk pics. Even more ironic is that at this same show I bought my biggest comic gem...a Hulk #1.

I loved all those 70's shows but the Incredible Hulk was tops for me. I got to shake his hand at Universal Studios when I was 5 and wouldn't wash the green off my hand that whole week. It's kind of cool that just about a year and a half ago, I got to meet Lou Ferrigno at a Comicon in KC and get his autographed book and some Hulk pics. Even more ironic is that at this same show I bought my biggest comic gem...a Hulk #1.

Hey, I was at that convention! Had I known you'd be there I would of knocked you unconcious and stolen your Hulk #1. Maybe next time. confused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif

When I was a kid in the 70's my parents lived on the Belgian coast I was lucky enough to be able to pick up the BBC with a HUGE antenna, so I got to see most of the US shows while the rest of Europe were lagging years behind and then got French or German dubbed versions...

Great story!

For me it's gotta be the double dose of Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman. The dream show was S.W.A.T. which I wasn't allowed to watch...

Marc

no love for Black Sheep Squadron?? I still Tivo it!!

Was that on Tuesdays? I loved it and remember as a nine-year old (or so) deciding that Tuesday was my favorite day of the week because it was the day we had gym class, plus it was Black Sheep day. Wasn't it Baa Baa Black Sheep the first year?

Marc

SHAZAM!!!!!!!

And Isis. Especially when she was guest on the SHAZAM show.

(side note) I had a mobile home and for a short time I had the LIGHTING BOLT symbol on the front of it. Just like they had on the SHAZAM truck on the show. My personnal homage to the show and kind of a joke kind of thing. But I took it off after a while cause nobody got the connection.

Yeah, DC has never been able to really work Captain Marvel to his full potential. As you probably know, he was, in the 40's beating Superman in circulation #'s. I think DC never really tries to hype him because he is so similiar to Supes. Maybe, Infinite Crisis will help that though I doubt it.