• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Car Accident

63 posts in this topic

Wanted to post this in case anyone wondered about me not communicating much for the next couple days.

Got t-boned as i was headed to church this morning so I am posting this from my iPad in the emergency room as i wait to find out if i will need surgery. Thank god for wifi in the hospital

Couple broken fingers, stitches, glass through the arm, a cracked tooth,and a cracked vertebrae and surprisingly i don't feel that awful although that may just be the groovy pain killers! Tomorrow should be fun though

If i have a deal pending with you, please be patient if i am selling anything as i will be in the hospital for at least a day or so.

If i am buying i will try to send out the fundage tomorrow from my ipad

here is a pic of the result....this is the car that hit me as mine rolled and ended up in a ditch.

wreck

the messed up thing is....this is the third car wreck in my life that i shouldnt have walked away from.

one when i was 16 almost killed me.....another about 10 years ago and then this one.

Not to mention all the i managed to get out of in Afghanistan

I think my luck cup may be geting a little low!

Yay!.....ortho just came in....no surgery!

Only a hairline fracture of the sacrum in my spine.

The real worry for me was my fingers as two were dislocated as well as being broken and the surgeon was worried i would need surgery to repair the tendons, but after the scan, they werent torn, just severely hyperextended

He had already reset them (OUCH, by the way) and now i just get to live with the cast

For any doctors in the room....they were dislocated on my left hand at the Metacarpophalangeal joint of my thumb and index fingers.

In other words....right where the finger meets the hand

another doc is about to come in to begin the stitches....said i was looking at about 30 total

Tooth is going to have to be pulled....my wife (the former dentist) said a root canal could maybe save it, but extravtion and a prosthesis (dentist speak for a bridge) would be the least painful option

thank god for my ipad....i can still tap out stuff