• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time payments and deposits. Need input.

194 posts in this topic

What the hell are "game day Buckets"??

And why do they explode?

(thumbs u

I once was involved in a comic book transaction with Transplant.

:applause: You have qualified for sainthood!

Please fill out the paperwork HERE and provide proper payment.

Congratulations!

Epic? Or epic fail?

YES!

Congratulations!

Lemme guess, it costs $600.

Congratulations!

That's cheaper than a Caltopia membership!!!

Congratulations!

I dunno, I didn't get that far, I was stuck on Step 1- Pick a Saint Name.

Should it be "Saint Bed of Rock", "Saint Mr of Bedrock" or "Saint Richard of Bedrock" ?

Nevermind the Patron Saint information, "Patron Saint of Breatmints" sounds the best I guess.

10-20% non refundable deposit is generally reasonable and accepted in our hobby...

35% + is, by most accounts, "excessive" from a non refundable deposit standpoint...

legally, sounds like seller can keep the entire 600, but might not be the "right" decision..

reason for the 10-20% non refundable deposit is to protect seller against regular price fluctuations...

no books should fluctuate 35% in 2 months if priced fairly to begin with, imo

I would sell book on ebay, and keep amount of deposit necessary to make the original sale price whole...then refund the requested 300 or balance not used in ebay fees and potential loss on sale price

There is no reasonable and accepted standard in our hobby, Rick. Other than what the buyer and seller agree on.

Maybe that is what you do, but it is not what I do, and not what others do.

If there is an agreement made, and one party chooses not to fulfill the agreement(not cannot fulfull the agreement), then the seller should keep the deposit.

10-20% non refundable deposit is generally reasonable and accepted in our hobby...

35% + is, by most accounts, "excessive" from a non refundable deposit standpoint...

legally, sounds like seller can keep the entire 600, but might not be the "right" decision..

reason for the 10-20% non refundable deposit is to protect seller against regular price fluctuations...

I would sell book on ebay, and keep amount of deposit necessary to make the original sale price whole...then refund the requested 300 or balance not used in ebay fees and potential loss on sale price

There is no reasonable and accepted standard in our hobby, Rick. Other than what the buyer and seller agree on.

If there is an agreement made, and one party chooses not to fulfill the agreement(not cannot fulfull the agreement), then the seller should keep the deposit.

It might be time for dealers to start a book about the crazy transactions that they have with customers.

:devil:

It might be time for dealers to start a book about the crazy transactions that they have with customers.

:devil:

I would guess that would quickly become the longest thread in board history if you opt'd to post the stories here :wishluck:

Nevermind the Patron Saint information, "Patron Saint of Breatmints" sounds the best I guess.

Was this meant to say Breathmints or Breastmints?

hm

Congratulations!

I dunno, I didn't get that far, I was stuck on Step 1- Pick a Saint Name.

Should it be "Saint Bed of Rock", "Saint Mr of Bedrock" or "Saint Richard of Bedrock" ?

Anything but St. .

Congratulations!

$875