• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time payments and deposits. Need input.

194 posts in this topic

At the end of the day, the message is simple: respect yourself enough to keep your word and honour your agreements.

So simple, yet for some it seems so difficult :(

All you really have in this world,especially in cyber space is your word.Your reputation here depends on it.

There's nothing like an attorney to put the "ass" in class.

hm

That's pretty funny - going to have to remember that..., :cool:

Best thread of 2013. Shill OP, three year old butthurt casserole, intrigue, mystery and Trannypants. A whole brigade of game day buckets go "Boom!"

It's definitely an early frontrunner.

:wet blanket patrol::

Being lied to would make me not want to deal with this guy, and that's a pretty good reason to PM everyone you know telling them to avoid him. (hint hint :baiting: )

The $600 is nutso to ask for a non-refundable deposit on a $1600 book, doesn't matter noob or not. 2c

Giving $300 back after your book sells is classy. Then forget about the guy.

Being lied to would make me not want to deal with this guy, and that's a pretty good reason to PM everyone you know telling them to avoid him. (hint hint :baiting: )

The $600 is nutso to ask for a non-refundable deposit on a $1600 book, doesn't matter noob or not. 2c

Giving $300 back after your book sells is classy. Then forget about the guy.

lying is the new truth....., have not you heard? :baiting:

Why are you even contemplating giving money back on a non-refundable deposit when the buyer jerked you around like this?

You're not running a store. You're not worried about his repeat business. Keep the $600 and tell him to pound sand.

Sorry xxxxxx,

I had an [reasoning removed] last week screwing me over. I'm gonna send final two checks to you to cash on 1/25 and 2/8. If I can sell some comics it will be quicker than that. I've been panicking with this [reasoning removed] and forgot to respond. I'm sorry and really live that comic.

There's a lie.

I'm gonna send both checks tomorrow. I will message you when I do.

There's another lie.

Hey xxxxxx,

Both checks are in the mail.

Oh wait, there's one more.

Best thread of 2013. Shill OP, three year old butthurt casserole, intrigue, mystery and Trannypants. A whole brigade of game day buckets go "Boom!"

With your financial backing, I smell a reality show starring board members.

Strong possibility since 01/21 was a holiday, If it were dropped in the mail that it would not get a postmark on that day. It's even possible that there was so much mail to be cancelled that somehow it might have taken an extra day to get into the system. I am not sure why, but the day after MLK holiday is one of the craziest non Christmas mailing days of the year.

Strong possibility since 01/21 was a holiday, If it were dropped in the mail that it would not get a postmark on that day. It's even possible that there was so much mail to be cancelled that somehow it might have taken an extra day to get into the system. I am not sure why, but the day after MLK holiday is one of the craziest non Christmas mailing days of the year.

Yeah, maybe I'm missing something, but if the money arrived only a couple of days after he said it would, I would give him the whole $600 deposit back. I would never deal with the buyer again, given his various actions, but I would give him the $600 back and move on.

Yeah, maybe I'm missing something, but if the money arrived only a couple of days after he said it would, I would give him the whole $600 deposit back. I would never deal with the buyer again, given his various actions, but I would give him the $600 back and move on.

I agree. Maybe I'm a softie, but I am going to do everything possible to not take someone's $600 in a case like this. If a second payment came a few days late, I am going to accept it and keep the book on hold for them as if it came on time. Lies or not. I think 7 days is a minumum wait time for anything someone says is in the mail and checking postmarks and the buyer's purchasing habits is not the way to make friends and influence people.

Now, when I run out of patience for the payments and sell the book elsewhere, I would keep the portion of the deposit that makes up the difference between the two sale prices and refund the rest. If the book sells for more the second time I return the whole deposit and move on.

IMHO. I might be tempted to hold strictly to the rules with a formally written agreement and signed document outlining the terms. But for a online deal like the one described, and with me holding a huge chunk of the buyers' cash, I would go easy. Not being critical of the seller here, just a "If I did it" screed.