• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage 2013 February 21-23 Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction

274 posts in this topic

You have to read the caption in conjunction with the image. Its talking about safety seals.... Alf is holding onto the seal to make sure the "seal" isnt missing. The seal is hard to hold onto, so alf is telling the reader to hurry up and buy the comic before the seal goes missing

Either that or Alf is buttraping the holy bejesus out of a random seal for Marine Bestiality month. Its a tossup lol

It looks like that Seal could have used a "safety seal" on his butthole.

You have to read the caption in conjunction with the image. Its talking about safety seals.... Alf is holding onto the seal to make sure the "seal" isnt missing. The seal is hard to hold onto, so alf is telling the reader to hurry up and buy the comic before the seal goes missing

Thank you. Alf is talking to the reader! I still had to work through your explanation point by point before I could grasp it.

I see pieces being sold for $50,000 or more. My question is does anyone know who pays this? They can't be average collectors like us. I make a good salary but could never spend that much on art.

Are there that many millionaires collecting or do you guys think that businesses are snatching these up as investments?

Hey, if there are only 5 millionaires collecting, that is 3 more than necessary for crazy prizes. So I myself would think it only takes a few, and surely there are a few. If true collectors, with the passion we all know that truly blinds judgment and sense at times, get serious money after developing the OA bug...look out. If I win the lottery (state service as a psychologist ain't gonna get me rich), get the eff out of my way as I "invest" my money.

Most likely dealers would have the most insight into how big the market has grown, or is growing, and who is buying at what level.

I would actually really like to know how big the collector base has gotten in the last few years.

Hey, if there are only 5 millionaires collecting, that is 3 more than necessary for crazy prizes. So I myself would think it only takes a few, and surely there are a few. If true collectors, with the passion we all know that truly blinds judgment and sense at times, get serious money after developing the OA bug...look out. If I win the lottery (state service as a psychologist ain't gonna get me rich), get the eff out of my way as I "invest" my money.

:D

WORD!

Most likely dealers would have the most insight into how big the market has grown, or is growing, and who is buying at what level.

I would actually really like to know how big the collector base has gotten in the last few years.

Yup. Unfortunately a certain amount of discretion is part of the business-- and part of what makes it interesting I suppose.

Most dealers would, but I'm not so sure how objective their opinion on the matter is likely to be as they do have a smidge of invested interest. Also as Gene has pointed out a few of the nose bleed sales at auction have been purchased by the dealers themselves.

All of that said there are still a few extremely deep pockets in OA for the right piece. As was posted on this forum George Lucas is a buyer. It will be interesting to see what he is a buyer of, if and when he opens his Art museum.