• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

This is interesting. So the PP folks announced their series was limited to 5 arcs / 25 issues? How does everyone else feel about knowing the creators are going to bail out after a 25 month seduction into their world? Does it make you want to avoid the book? Or, conversely, does it entice you because you're going into it with a clear understanding of the length of your commitment?

Definitely prefer an ongoing. Not a fan of minis of any length. If its a good book, why should it ever end? Where would Spider-man be if that were a mini? Where would Iron Man be? Bottom line is that a character stands a chance at reaching iconic status only if the title bearing its name is a long lasting, continuous series.

Jimmy!!! I have rectified the situation, and your name is now immortalized in the caption. Thanks again for stopping by. And hell yes I want to do the Rick Ross bio for Bluewater. Busted a nut when I read that. Let me know if you can arrange a meeting with the publisher.

Which one is you?

glasses, black shirt

Looks different than I expected him to look (shrug)

You mean normal? lol

No offense Jimmy (thumbs u

Edited by MassiveHammer

Ken, I am not sure if Kurtis said 5 arcs...can't remember. But he did say he has a plan for PP which was/is 25 issues. I haven't been perusing that forum in a good 2 weeks..so don't know if timelines have changed. Kurtis is awesome and love PP. I personally will buy/read it as far as they go with it. Sure, 25 TO ME seems a bit quick for all the stories they can tell with Peter, BUT that in no way precludes Kurtis from initiating another project/title/story involving Peter and a new gang of supporting characters. Hey, a high % of comics and characters come to an end. It's all good. Now when a killer 4 part mini comes to an end - well darn. Always something new to pick up though.

PP has been a great read, and I wouldn't take anything away from those guys and only credit them with hard work and engaging their readers/fans.

Edited by kayakkid

Hey Ken -

I pre-ordered 2-4 a few weeks back and just finished two recently. Good premise. I'm along for the ride.

I hope we (Boardies) don't abuse having you around.. Just avoid 500 print limited variants and I think you'll be golden :grin:

It's a pleasure (thumbs u

THIS

Hey Ken -

I pre-ordered 2-4 a few weeks back and just finished two recently. Good premise. I'm along for the ride.

I hope we (Boardies) don't abuse having you around.. Just avoid 500 print limited variants and I think you'll be golden :grin:

So glad to have you along for the ride -- #2 won you over? I can understand that b/c I think the story really hits its stride in the 2nd issue. If I had to do it over again I'd put some of #2 in #1. Onward and upward!

Dear Ken,

In the case of other books, I think as long as the author has a story to tell and people like the book, they will keep buying. Everyone always prefers an ongoing series and whether a book's end date is known or unknown, as long as its quality doesn't falter, people will continue to be happy.

Awesome CBT

This is great insight. I didn't even know PP had a BBC deal. Nice for them. And good news for fans of the book who might otherwise stood witness to a premature demise of the PP universe. The thing I love about what you've said here is that the fans (and the folks on this board among them) rallied behind the book and became agents of change. That's amazing stuff. The comics community never ceases to amaze me. Thanks again for the explanation.

“Jimmy Linguiniii”, and Casey, Morgan, and Sam from Seattle’s own Zanadu Comics! Let’s do it again tomorrow.

Jimmy's name in lights!!!!

When you getting your own book going Jimmy?

"The Adventures of Jimmy Linguiniii"

Hey Ken -

So glad to have you along for the ride -- #2 won you over? I can understand that b/c I think the story really hits its stride in the 2nd issue. If I had to do it over again I'd put some of #2 in #1. Onward and upward!

Yeah, #2 was better IMHO that #1 (that's why we can't judge any series without reading a few issues - I dropped PP after the first three - regret). I like the premise and appreciate you stopping by to 'see' what is happening this side of the comic universe. Much appreciation and best wishes for your continued success.

R

I'm on there too (the large bearded dude on the bottom left)

Damn, Ken, you could have given me a heads up so I could fix my collar lol

good thing jimmy isnt on your bad side, you look like you could snap his neck like a toothpick

Edited by CBT

First arc... "Lock up your dads"

Is this a quote from TODD, or “Jimmy Linguiniii”? lol

Sorry Jimmy, you one kewl Kat, but go back to that one video you made on yt and you understand the reference/question.