• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

I can't remember if I mentioned this here last week, but issue 2 sold out at the distributor level in one day (just like issue #1). So.....

We are doing a 2nd printing of issue #2. Press release should go out from Image tomorrow, but I wanted you all to know FIRST.

Great news! Thanks for the insider information! :applause:

I am loving this book, I even post on FB about it!

I love how on the cover of the #1 second print you quoted a sentence from that reviewer who pretty much crucified your book! That was awesome to do on so many levels!

Ken, had you read that guy's review prior to seeing the link another boardie posted here on this thread to it?

I can't remember if I mentioned this here last week, but issue 2 sold out at the distributor level in one day (just like issue #1). So.....

We are doing a 2nd printing of issue #2. Press release should go out from Image tomorrow, but I wanted you all to know FIRST.

:whee:

That at least explains why my local shop couldn't order more copies I guess. They sold out first day and told me they couldn't order anymore.

I will go back this week and tell them they can order a 2nd print of 2 now.

How many 2nd prints = ongoing? hm

Edited by Fastballspecial

Great news! Thanks for the insider information! :applause:

I am loving this book, I even post on FB about it!

I love how on the cover of the #1 second print you quoted a sentence from that reviewer who pretty much crucified your book! That was awesome to do on so many levels!

Ken, had you read that guy's review prior to seeing the link another boardie posted here on this thread to it?

We HAD seen that review -- in fact, by the time the boardie posted it we'd already designed the new cover with the pull quote. That's why when the boardie posted the review here I replied with "That review was a GIFT."

:-)

ThoseBackPages had a keen enough eye to point out that issue #2 was an homage to The Walking Dead #48. Today I sent him a signed print of that cover.

The next challenge is....who can name what issue #3's cover is an homage to? Same prize for the first person to call it.

ThoseBackPages had a keen enough eye to point out that issue #2 was an homage to The Walking Dead #48. Today I sent him a signed print of that cover.

The next challenge is....who can name what issue #3's cover is an homage to? Same prize for the first person to call it.

146177_s0.jpg

227594-screen_shot_2010_05_30_at_19.08.07_super.png

Edited by darkstar

Ken, ongoing MONTHLY PLEASE....or we git the "po po" on ya. lol

Funny to hear Ken speak in an interview...kinda a mild manner reporter.

Contrast that with what his pen actually puts down on paper...wow (where the spooningz does that come from?!)...never would think the same guy being interviewed/talking...is the storyteller (crazy stuff does that pen of yours write Ken!).

This is one weird and wacky tobaccy ride folks. Aside from others thoughts on the Charlie Brown congruency in SMALL part.....Todd - the Ugliest Kid On Earth has a real unique feel to it. Either that, or I just aint got enough readin yet under me belt I reckon. I figure the former more accurate.

Maybe not fur everyone, but this spoon is spoonin funny and I hope to see the antics continue MONTHLY.

Ken, congrats on the 2nd prints of both issues. My money is on a second print for #3 also after it SELLS OUT!!! and I look forward to a third printing on #1 with another crazy cover variant that is off the wall like the second print variant of issue 1. Like that art and coloring!!

Congrats to the team at TODD as well as Image...you guys on a roll in 2012/2013 big time.

146177_s0.jpg

227594-screen_shot_2010_05_30_at_19.08.07_super.png

Ahh. A nice guess, but no cigar.

Ken, ongoing MONTHLY PLEASE....or we git the "po po" on ya. lol

Funny to hear Ken speak in an interview...kinda a mild manner reporter.

Contrast that with what his pen actually puts down on paper...wow (where the spooningz does that come from?!)...never would think the same guy being interviewed/talking...is the storyteller (crazy stuff does that pen of yours write Ken!).

This is one weird and wacky tobaccy ride folks. Aside from others thoughts on the Charlie Brown congruency in SMALL part.....Todd - the Ugliest Kid On Earth has a real unique feel to it. Either that, or I just aint got enough readin yet under me belt I reckon. I figure the former more accurate.

Maybe not fur everyone, but this spoon is spoonin funny and I hope to see the antics continue MONTHLY.

Ken, congrats on the 2nd prints of both issues. My money is on a second print for #3 also after it SELLS OUT!!! and I look forward to a third printing on #1 with another crazy cover variant that is off the wall like the second print variant of issue 1. Like that art and coloring!!

Congrats to the team at TODD as well as Image...you guys on a roll in 2012/2013 big time.

Thanks, Kayakkid --- My mother gave birth to me on the top of a water slide and my head's been spinning ever since. I'm with you -- let's sell out this second printing and go for a third!

Just bought 10 copies! Hey mon, the girlfriend's got a big family that may be interested in this sortz of laughter. Pass it around peeps.

Ken asked on his facebook page which readers like better of issue 1: the first print cover..or the second. Man, need sleep b4 such brain warping quizzes and such. They BOTH are amazing. Slight edge for ME to the second printing. Rarely do I like a 2nd over a 1st. Ya out dung yoself TODD.

Not sure when/if it was reported WHEN we get the 2nd print of #2(?) Coming with issue #3?

Hope the second print is totally different and off the wall. Vans shoes style.

I'm off like a dirty shirt.

Oh yeah, I WANT ONE OF THOSE THEM THERE ACTION FIGURES FOR MY DESK STARING BACK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny spooning stuff Ken!

If you haven't read this title yet, you may just want to. Not to mention, a couple months from now it might be a bit expensive to get into back issues as prices seem to be rising ALREADY.

Ken, you get a PRINT NUMBER yet on issue #2?

Bet 3 and 4 will be significantly higher!