• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

probably the way it was shipped..doesn't detract from the content (of course)....I received about 8 from different sources (some LCS some mail order) and all have similar bends on the spines. Probably just unlucky on my end.

I'm sure quite a few have ones that are near perfect.

I was trying to find a good one to send in to ECCC :lol: didn't pass the magnifying glass test.

i'll just choose the best of the lot and throw the dice.

Edited by krighton

Issue 3 cover reminds me of a cover from the original Punisher mini-series. Don't know why, but...that's the first thing that came to mind.

You mean the Mike Zeck series from the 80s? Nope, that's not it -- but I think I know what cover you're talking about. But that is an awesome series with Zeck's best work.

probably the way it was shipped..doesn't detract from the content (of course)....I received about 8 from different sources (some LCS some mail order) and all have similar bends on the spines. Probably just unlucky on my end.

I'm sure quite a few have ones that are near perfect.

I was trying to find a good one to send in to ECCC :lol: didn't pass the magnifying glass test.

All good here, no spine problems.

Ken, did you get my PM?

Issue 3 cover reminds me of a cover from the original Punisher mini-series. Don't know why, but...that's the first thing that came to mind.

You mean the Mike Zeck series from the 80s? Nope, that's not it -- but I think I know what cover you're talking about. But that is an awesome series with Zeck's best work.

Yep! Agreed.

Just announced from IMAGE's marketing dept:

THE UGLIEST KID ON EARTH SELLS OUT

Second issue of TODD gets second printing

Selling out the same week as its release, TODD, THE UGLIEST KID ON EARTH #2 continues the success of the new Image Comics mini-series by Ken Kristensen and MK Perker. The issue will receive a second printing (JAN138185), to be in stores on March 27.

The third issue of TODD, THE UGLIEST KID ON EARTH, which focuses on an infectiously upbeat kid caught in an epically dysfunctional world, will be in stores on March 13.

The title continues to receive critical praise with its second issue:

"Todd, The Ugliest Kid on Earth is so wrong it circles back around and becomes so, so right. If you don’t have a slightly askew sense of humor you’ll find this more offensive than hilarious, and that’s your loss. Todd is one of the rare books that’s a good read AND a fun ride."

-Comic Book Therapy

"This title continues to be one of my favorite this year. The team on this book are layering all sorts of different meats and cheeses and using all kinds of spicy condiments to serve up one hell of a sandwich, and you know how much I like sandwiches."

-Comcis Bulletin

"If you like your humor dark and your satire biting, then you should check this one out. Four and a half Disturbing Prison Groupies out of Five."

-Fanboy Comics

"It's an insane premise with oddities all over the place, but it's intelligently put together and is heavily entertaining.... Don't let this pass under your radar."

-Comic List

ThoseBackPages had a keen enough eye to point out that issue #2 was an homage to The Walking Dead #48. Today I sent him a signed print of that cover.

The next challenge is....who can name what issue #3's cover is an homage to? Same prize for the first person to call it.

146177_s0.jpg

This is a tough one Ken! Any clues? Is it paying homage to another Image Comics cover? hm

I'd say continue the numbering 5-8 even if you're going mini...quite a few monthlies are so inconsistent they may as well be minis. Minis can sometimes be a bit of a turnoff (no offense).

+1

Yeah, just think back to LOBO...and all the Mini Series associated with it. Use to run around trying to figure out all the 4 partners, etc I needed to complete each mini. First world hardship ya know.

I'd say continue the numbering 5-8 even if you're going mini...quite a few monthlies are so inconsistent they may as well be minis. Minis can sometimes be a bit of a turnoff (no offense).

+1

Yeah, just think back to LOBO...and all the Mini Series associated with it. Use to run around trying to figure out all the 4 partners, etc I needed to complete each mini. First world hardship ya know.

Ahhh. That's why the numbering's important. Got it. Makes more sense to me now. Thank you.

ThoseBackPages had a keen enough eye to point out that issue #2 was an homage to The Walking Dead #48. Today I sent him a signed print of that cover.

The next challenge is....who can name what issue #3's cover is an homage to? Same prize for the first person to call it.

146177_s0.jpg

This is a tough one Ken! Any clues? Is it paying homage to another Image Comics cover? hm

This is a tough one, for sure. Clue: Issue 2's slickest element points the way.