• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morning Glories

133 posts in this topic

If anyone is not too distracted by OMG MAKING MONIES SELLING SAGAH/PP/NWM!...

I've been really enjoying Morning Glories, and highly recommend it. I suppose I could start a rumor that a TV series is in the works, then you guys would make the book blow up the interwebz...

Yeah, I really enjoy this series but I am a bit lost at the moment. I think it reads better in TPB.

I'm giving it until the end of issue 25. In the CBR article Nick said that issue 24 and 25 are part of a season finale to the series up until now. I'm going to read those and if they give us some answers and things start to make sense then I'll stick with it. Issue 26 will be $1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43095

So where are you marking off the final issue of this season, and how will we move into Season Two?

People have been noticing that #24 was originally planned for early January, and obviously that hasn't happened. The reason for that is because this grew into a giant, double-sized issue. It's 44 pages, and it will be $3.99. That's basically part one of the two-part Season Finale. And I think #24 may be my new favorite issue of the series. It's certainly my favorite since #9, 10 and 11, which I'm a big sucker for. I felt that was our best stretch prior, but #24 is right there with those. As you can probably tell from the end of #23 and the final cover to #24, we're going to get back to the Ike and Abraham stuff. Jade's also involved. That issue comes out on February 6.

#25 will also be double-sized for $3.99. It's the big Season Finale, 25th issue event. And from there, we'll have the volume 4 trade hit in early April, and issue #26 will be a $1.00, full-sized prelude issue to the second season. It'll be a great jumping on point to the single issues for all the trade readers who may want to start following us monthly. The the Season Two premier will hit with #27, which will again be double-sized and $3.99. And that will have a whole host of pretty awesome variants by some of my favorite artists. We're moving into a big stretch of high profile issues to get people excited about the new season.

I know I''m biased, but there are definitely some first appearance issues lately that some of you might have slept on. Something happens down the road, I can imagine there'd be a scramble :)

Nick, awesome job on this series. There are only a few series that stand above the crowd of 300 or so that come out, and this is definitely one of them.

Hi Nick,

Great job with Morning Glories.

At the time when I bought #1 it was the highest premium I'd paid to own a NM copy or something I enjoyed reading, rather than for investment potential.

($25 in October 2010, to be exact)

That next summer I sent it to SDCC '11 to be signed by you and Joe.

I was very happy when it came back signed by everyone.

(I still have my reader copy.)

6244130353_e04da08c5c_o.jpg

Thanks for making good comics.

(Thunder Agents was awesome)

Troy

Ok.. I know I said I'm done with this book, but gave in and bought #24 today. Am going to see if this and the next help in making sense of what's been going on.

Anyone else get it today? I'll read it in the next few days and see how it is..

This is the book that got my wife hook to comics. We have been together for the past 10 years and it took morning glories to finally get her in. Now, she can't stop reading it off her tablet.

I know there are lots of unanswered plots but I wonder why there is no love for this series.

Cheers : )