• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Coppers so bad that they are actually...well...they are just bad...
3 3

522 posts in this topic

In 1993 I got together with a local artist while in college (Cape Girardeau, MO) and we did our own comic (I did the story, he did the art) called PROJECT: TRACKER. We actually printed two issues of it (A very 90's trendy #0 and a #1).

We made, if I remember correctly about 500 copies and sold it in shops around the area. To my surprise, it sold out! Now Cape is a pretty small area, I think the whole county has maybe 30,000 people and the nearest real city is St. Louis, a good 90 miles away.

Mike Jackson the artist really took the bull by the horns and got us on local TV and in the newspaper and even set up some in store signings, but we never did get it in Previews or anything and it just sort of went by the wayside.

Really, the best thing about it, in comparing it to some of these other... uh... regularly distributed comics is... Mike was actually pretty good with anatomy. Some of it I look at and I think it looks pretty good. My writing is pretty goofy, but hey, we were havin' fun. It was a fun time.

And yes, I know, he looks like the Black Costume Spider-man with white gloves and footies.

Year and a half or so ago, I was in a shop here in the area for one of their annual blowout sales, and they opened up the back room and let us go through boxes and boxes of stuff and lo and behold, a Project Tracker #0!

In Mint Condition!

I was pretty amazed as I didn't even have a copy of it in MINT.

Only cost me 33 cents.

I may have to take it to ECCC and get it SS'd.

Here's the cover, inside front page, 1st 3 pages (including a huge splash) and the last page:

IMG_3043_zps27da7dc9.jpg

IMG_3044_zps59502237.jpg

IMG_3045_zps2d3d6ccb.jpg

IMG_3046_zpsc6d2ef3e.jpg

IMG_3047_zpse1485be5.jpg

IMG_3048_zps24d3dde7.jpg

Good job, Chuck. :applause:

OMG!

Mycomicshop actually has these books. Its inventory must be deep to even have these garbage fine books.

And wait. Conan will up the prices on these books because MCS sees a tidalwave of orders coming in.

:idea:

Told ya!

thorr3BC.jpg

:roflmao:

lol WTF is that?

I just mess my pants laughing! lol

Look at that six pack he has.

That's what I call "washboard abs." lol

Wow, that is simply glorious :banana:

I get the idea this is made up of three photo references and an amateur attempt to connect them into one drawing. I've certainly done worse drawings, which were fortunately never printed on a comic book. :D

Also, did Conan show up because his name was spoken, or was it the Odinson reference? :)

Also, did Conan show up because his name was spoken, or was it the Odinson reference? :)

Most probably lurking to see what is coming up as the new "hot books" that we do such a great job of pointing out. I can see why resellers would do some research on here to see what those zany Collector Society kids are talking about now.

Most probably lurking to see what is coming up as the new "hot books" that we do such a great job pointing out. I can see why any reseller would do some research on here to see what those zany Collector Society kids are talking about now.

Everything in this thread is pure gold, buy buy buy!!!