• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Coppers so bad that they are actually...well...they are just bad...
3 3

522 posts in this topic

Since everyone seemed to get such a big kick our of Vidarr, I looked through the book tonight... lol

I thought about saving some of this for the blog, but since I'm having problems finding enough time to manage it right now I figure I'll go ahead and post some awesome Vidarr action shots lol

thorr3page13.jpg

Third panel..."Cracka!" lol

A one handed guy with a broad sword.. scary. Sweet handlebar.

Edited by Paper Airplane

I have the first two issues of the first series, but not graded. It must have been more durable than I'd realized, since it popped up at another publisher a couple of years later.

It did have some staying power evidently. I was a slut for team books back then. I was in college and bought sporadically and stopped entirely in 86. I still have most of them around.

I had this one graded also.

1801132211451.jpg

This became the Southern Knights with issue #2. It was/became a fairly decent book, went to 36 issues or so with 2 or 3 different publishers. #1 Super Team of the South (at least that is what they claimed). I have the full run.

Edited by boatfund

I was going through books today and ran across these.

I used to do inks for this company and they sent these to me way back in the day.

138381.jpg.a16a698c0c0bcc0243f7ae00602e3caf.jpg

138382.jpg.fb5807fb3ffc835f51baa9c4086c6348.jpg

138383.jpg.4a8c27474bc4af12b049b28b2aafa5bf.jpg

138384.jpg.ac558b338ce1dc5fc32ab4c2dc8b8741.jpg

This thread is breathtaking.

Has anyone started a thread here of people collecting entire publishers, like Solson, Blackthorne, First, Pacific, etc?

I always thought the trifecta of Epic, Pacific and First would be a blast.

Has anyone started a thread here of people collecting entire publishers, like Solson, Blackthorne, First, Pacific, etc?

I would do Comico.

Round 2:

Saga of Elf-Face:

2Tf78oV.jpg

Mysticman, straight from the xerox to your hands:

giiugC5.jpg

Chuk the Barbarian:

L19fZZH.jpg

A little later (91' I think?), but still probably still a copper, SkyHopper:

EvM2Ebn.jpg

:sick: :sick: :sick::roflmao:

That first cover is the worst art I've ever seen!!!! The rest aren't too far behind. I see stuff like this in cheapo bins and just keep moving...yikes

Along the same lines, some of Landgraf's finest:

WgpP0CN.jpg

I love how everyone is fighting and beating each other to pulp whilst the one rocker is cranking out some chords on his guitar. :insane:

Hey, when the feeling for music grips you, ya just have to rock it out!

:headbang:

I completed my Pacific collection a little while back but just books.They also did a lot of portfolios that I'd like to have but probably won't persue.There are also a lot of their catalogs that I need,I think I've got 3 out of somewhere between 15 & 20.

I have about half the books scanned right now.

There is some really good stuff they put out.Wish they could have continued longer than they did.

I completed my Pacific collection a little while back but just books.They also did a lot of portfolios that I'd like to have but probably won't persue.There are also a lot of their catalogs that I need,I think I've got 3 out of somewhere between 15 & 20.

I have about half the books scanned right now.

There is some really good stuff they put out.Wish they could have continued longer than they did.

And I meant Eclipse, not Epic.