• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Coppers so bad that they are actually...well...they are just bad...
3 3

522 posts in this topic

What's worse than Rob Liefeld art... a bad artist trying to copy his style..

002_Fem_5_535px.png

DG

I'm not so sure that's any worse than Liefeld himself.

What the hell is going on with the left hip/thigh area?? :tonofbricks:

I don't know, but the whole book is filled with equally bad art by the same person.

I think there is a Nira-X back up story and it's by someone else.

DG

What's worse than Rob Liefeld art... a bad artist trying to copy his style..

002_Fem_5_535px.png

DG

I'm not so sure that's any worse than Liefeld himself.

What the hell is going on with the left hip/thigh area?? :tonofbricks:

I don't know, but the whole book is filled with equally bad art by the same person.

I think there is a Nira-X back up story and it's by someone else.

DG

I used to own a page from issue 4 :blush:

138839.jpg.e13cc9edb5111fddcc938791538b75f5.jpg

Obviously they had to wait for the cover artist to put the final details on place before going to print :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Well, he had to finish his history report for the 5th grade final exam. Have a heart.

:sumo:

Obviously they had to wait for the cover artist to put the final details on place before going to print :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Well, he had to finish his history report for the 5th grade final exam. Have a heart.

:sumo:

Don't worry, copies are still available straight from the source. Grab em while they are hot!! (Probably not the thread you would want to see your website traffic spike from. Ah well...)

After reading this thread I saw this one and just had to pick it up. I remember back in grade school wanting to make my own comic book and I'm pretty sure this is how it would have turned out. I love the questionnaire too, classic. It even came with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Adventurers_1.jpg

prntscr

Adventurers_Letter.jpg

image ru

Along the same lines, some of Landgraf's finest:

WgpP0CN.jpg

I love how everyone is fighting and beating each other to pulp whilst the one rocker is cranking out some chords on his guitar. :insane:

I would probably buy that out of a dollar box. The art is better than the 5th grader art half of these comics have, so now I have pretty low expectations.

deathman1.jpg

Why is his left hand on his right arm?

Deathman is neither right nor left handed, he is all handed! Ambi-handed?

I bet if you got this slabbed you could put it on Ebay as a 1 of 1 collectors item and sell it for $100 based on it's ultra rare-ness in any grade. Just don't try to go into any explanation why no one else has gotten it graded. :lol:

that's what amazes me about some of this indie stuff. the art is shockingly bad. frank robbins Invaders pages look like masterpieces compared to this stuff (I'm off the frank robbins is terrible bandwagon because some of his earlier stuff isn't bad). and at least for the hero/action stuff you can tell that the stories/dialogue may even be worse. yet they had the chutzpah to try and charge real prices (sometimes more than mainstream comics) for this garbage? i don't mind funny animal or cartoon stuff where the emphasis isn't on the art, but rather telling a story, but action comics that look like they're drawn by untalented 8 year olds.

that's what amazes me about some of this indie stuff. the art is shockingly bad. frank robbins Invaders pages look like masterpieces compared to this stuff (I'm off the frank robbins is terrible bandwagon because some of his earlier stuff isn't bad). and at least for the hero/action stuff you can tell that the stories/dialogue may even be worse. yet they had the chutzpah to try and charge real prices (sometimes more than mainstream comics) for this garbage? i don't mind funny animal or cartoon stuff where the emphasis isn't on the art, but rather telling a story, but action comics that look like they're drawn by untalented 8 year olds.

This is what I try to tell people. Unfortunately, a lot of the modern art in comics doesn't even meet my standards. MignolaDark Horse.

On the other hand, I mentioned to David Mack that I owned his "Happy the Clown" comics and he was ashamed.

Happy the Clown #nn (#1)

nn_Happy_The_Clown_535px.jpg

Happy the Clown #2

002_Happy_the_Clown_535px.jpg

He improved to an amazing degree. Practice does wonders.

Kabuki (Vol. 7) #1 (signed)

v7_001_Kabuki_535px.jpg

DG

The Last Generation, this is probably one of my favorite covers of all time "Chill out wolf-dude. It's not worth it" :

tgIzb8U.jpg

I sent a full set of this series to someone as part of their Christmas present two years ago. It wasn't a horrible series compared to the massive mess that started to appear in the late 80s. Supposedly, there was a portfolio as well I tried to track down.

thelastgenerationportfolio.jpg

First of all, this thread is totally awesome. Secondly I either have or had this. It came with a matching numbered #1 inside. I think he came to a Philly con when it came out and I bought it. I either tossed it about 10 years ago or I still have it but I can't check until Thanksgiving.