• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EC Fanatic Appreciation Weird Thread of Terror

346 posts in this topic

All gorgeous copies, Steve - I gravitate towards F/VF (and tend not to go over VF) on EC's because I like to handle and read them (and what great reads, they are).

And a beauty of an undercopy of Tales From the Crypt 20 - I sure like that particular copy a lot. :cloud9:

All gorgeous copies, Steve - I gravitate towards F/VF (and tend not to go over VF) on EC's because I like to handle and read them (and what great reads, they are).

And a beauty of an undercopy of Tales From the Crypt 20 - I sure like that particular copy a lot. :cloud9:

I can certainly understand that! Some people think I'm nuts for cracking these out of their plastic prisons, but that's the only way I can enjoy them myself.

That undercopy served me well. Centering is kind of a thing for me, and that one definitely was spot on.

Some people think I'm nuts for cracking these out of their plastic prisons, but that's the only way I can enjoy them myself.

Same here - I've cracked some pedigree EC's in the past with no regrets; they are a joy to behold (and hold).

Are most of your copies Gaines?

I've got about 80 GFC's. Would love it if they all were. Talk about addicted to crack(ing). The surface qualities on most I've gotten are amazing. Although, not all copies are well centered or cut squarely, so even those can be a challenge.

Just gorgeous! :applause:

TFTC 46

SCAN0016.jpg

Impact #1 in VG condition was the first EC I could afford to buy (this was back in the 1980s). I literally felt like I was holding the treasure of the Sierra Madre. An original EC! I had already read the Krigstein interview in Squa Tront where his story "Master Race" was discussed at length. (I knew nothing about the Nazis prior to this ... I was 13 or 14.) I didn't appreciate his art as much as I did the other EC guys, but he came across as such an intelligent person in the interview that I had to like his stuff.

Impact #1 (White Logo. 1st Printing)

001_Impact_raw_zpsbf77e7b4.png

DG

That one was just Wally's second cover for EC. His scifi work was to be his forte, but he could draw a mean horror story! The covers were just beginning to be transferred from only Johnny Craig and Feldstein's responsibility -- eventually it would become Craig on Vault, Davis on Crypt and Ingels on Haunt consistently. :)