• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it when you post a question on this site, you get 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person responses.????

525 posts in this topic

Probably I'm pretty bored...

My Superbowl Party was cancelled... the couple that owns the only place big enough to host all of us is having a 'spat'

dammnit

That's a bummer. I would assume the only place that has a super large screen HDTV is at a local tavern. You know what you have to do now. :banana:

My Superbowl Party was cancelled... the couple that owns the only place big enough to host all of us is having a 'spat'

dammnit

That's a bummer. I would assume the only place that has a super large screen HDTV is at a local tavern. You know what you have to do now. :banana:

Or... I might spend time and go watch it with my Dad...

dammnit

Awesome. That is exactly what I'm doing. I volunteered to grill the tritip. Looking forward to a great evening and game.

Why is it when you post a question on this site, you get 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person responses.????

This is a great place, but with a serious question, you get 10 foolish responses , people making fun of people, etc...and to finally get a real answer you have to scroll through page after page...Jesus, very annoying..

OK. Back to the original question. I'll try to be serious.

There should be some sort of blurb in large red letters that warns newbies not to post up questions immediately. Just read and enjoy. Occasionally offer postive comments on other threads. Try to find any info you are looking for with the search function. After you've been on the boards a while and made positive comments about other peoples comments or threads, you'll receive some "welcome to the boards" responses. When you've had a few of those, send a PM to those individuals with whatever burning (and likely commonly known) questions you have.

I personally don't have much luck with the board search function. A lot of times it's easier to google your question. The longer threads will often come up in a Google search.

Much of the "foolish" responses you speak of come from the fact that the questions of newly minted members have usually been discussed countless times before. Then there is a bit of a club or frat house atmosphere here - for some members anyway. You can avoid it by following what I say in the first paragraph. Otherwise just laughing and moving on will be best.

Welcome to the boards.

This is a great place, but with a serious question, you get 10 foolish responses , people making fun of people, etc...and to finally get a real answer you have to scroll through page after page...Jesus, very annoying..

Only 10?

It is the rule of 1:10..

Straight answers are the rare variant.

Straight answers that are helpful and correct are the RRP of message board responses.

I hope Ray Lewis gets hit so hard tonight that he explodes into purple, weepy, stabby confetti.

If he does, just like the white suit, we will never find and of the material.

Help! I with a flesh light?

Fleshlight :cloud9:

Whoops. It is actually 'I accidentally a flesh light'

That's my favorite Neal Diamond song. :applause:

I hope Ray Lewis gets hit so hard tonight that he explodes into purple, weepy, stabby confetti.

If he does, just like the white suit, we will never find and of the material.

Help! I with a flesh light?

Fleshlight :cloud9:

Whoops. It is actually 'I accidentally a flesh light'

That's my favorite Neal Diamond song. :applause:

:olol

dammnit

Awesome. That is exactly what I'm doing. I volunteered to grill the tritip. Looking forward to a great evening and game.

Called him... Dad it is.

What was the question again? (shrug)

Why is it when you post a question on this site, you get 10 dong shot PMs?

Arch has had it set up that way since 2009.

That explains a lot actually.

Quota: 29,999 of 30000

:(

dammnit

Mmmmm..., we're having tri-tip here too, with sauteed mushrooms. :cloud9:

You can keep your Stupid Bowl...., :sick:

That'd make for a pretty cool sports card, you know, those ones where they put a piece of the jersey/bat/whatever on the card.