• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Surfer #3 cgc 9.4 on heritage... $1000!!!????

16 posts in this topic

I'm not too surprised as that cover is on par with issue #4 and it seems to hit $1,000 at the same grade. Yes I know that issue 4 has low distribution (still seems plentiful to me) but what do you feel is a reasonable good price for issue #3? They seem to be snatched up pretty quickly once they hit the market.

There can be some unexplainably nutty prices on heritage stuff - remember that ToS 58 9.0 that sold for $1000 last year? $1000 on SS 3 9.4 is way high - I bought a 9.6 for about $800 last year and sold my 9.4 for like $600 - maybe this is my copy! I cant believe wht people are paying for Iron Man 1s in 9.2 and above now either -there was a flood of them awhile ago. Same with SS #1. Definitely the time to be moving high grade marvel/dc silver and bronze.

If only my 9.4 #2 was worth that much. You would think high grade #2's would be tougher because of that crazy purple color.

As for #4, there are probably more high grade #4's out there than #3's. The low distribution myth got busted several years ago, while it had a low distribution on the news-stands, the rest were later recovered by a dealer who shall remain nameless, and redistributed through collector outlets over the years. #3 never had the same appeal as a supposed "low distribution" issue, so fewer ended up in the hands of collectors.

But high grade silver is just insane no matter what the actual distribution. Just like any 9.8 bronze. Seems like people have no problem kicking in a 20% premium over the last selling price just to bag one.

-Rival

I hope so. It would make for an excellent movie adaptation but I suspect that they would have to shoot the FF movie first?

I don't think Hollywood should touch this one. While I think that SS is a great character and a huge part of Marvel history, can you really imagine a movie based on an alien who rides a surf board? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hope so. It would make for an excellent movie adaptation but I suspect that they would have to shoot the FF movie first?

I don't think Hollywood should touch this one. While I think that SS is a great character and a huge part of Marvel history, can you really imagine a movie based on an alien who rides a surf board? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree. They should add it to the list of made-for-DVD animated films that Lion's Gate is doing under its agreement with Marvel, but I can't see a live action version succeeding in the marketplace.

Good point never thought of that but I'd say that its not as hokey as something like the Batmobile. If they can get past this point, it has all the fixins for a great story.

I agree. They should add it to the list of made-for-DVD animated films that Lion's Gate is doing under its agreement with Marvel, but I can't see a live action version succeeding in the marketplace.

i don't know about this one - with the technology that's available and given the right portrayal, i could see this working. (perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

O Ye of Little Faith. 893naughty-thumb.gif Shame on both of you.

George Lucas is going to start pre-production on the first SS movie after Episode III comes out in 2005 that features Howard the Duck as Norrin Radd's unwitting sidekick. The original Howard costume has been digitally recreated by the CG artists at ILM, and the Surfer will be played by the silver version of C-3PO from Attack of the Clones. angel.gif

Jim,

I think you should change your sig line to Turk's famous words from Frank Miller's first run on Daredevil: "What you need is vision. And vision, I got."

O Ye of Little Faith. 893naughty-thumb.gif Shame on both of you.

George Lucas is going to start pre-production on the first SS movie after Episode III comes out in 2005 that features Howard the Duck as Norrin Radd's unwitting sidekick. The original Howard costume has been digitally recreated by the CG artists at ILM, and the Surfer will be played by the silver version of C-3PO from Attack of the Clones. angel.gif