• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Traffic Shift

25 posts in this topic

Even though I signed last year, I been lurking these boards for a long time before I finally decided to start posting…..

My point…..over the last few months I have really noticed a shift in these boards as where people are looking, posting, etc…..Up to a few months ago the traffic was heavy in the Golden, Silver areas' of the boards. Now if you look, the Moderns have taken over and there is a lot of hype over them…..just wondering if anyone else noticed this and if you think it's going to be an ongoing trend? I also think with the creators now joining in the conversations, people like Eric Stevenson, Nick Spencer, Kurtis Wise , etc.. are really getting people excited and interested in their books….

So what ya think?

hm

I also think with the creators now joining in the conversations, people like Eric Stevenson, Nick Spencer, Kurtis Wise , etc.. are really getting people excited and interested in their books….

So what ya think?

hm

I think that's a great thing for fans of new comics. :applause:

A lot of the older comic collectors are dying off...or retiring from the industry. Totally speculative response based on no fact whatsoever but I bet there will be some truth to this in the coming years after the babyboomers pass on.

The question is, what will they call the Modern age of comics (1992-2012) in another 20 years? It's been like 20 years already since the start of the Modern age. Will they call anything after 2012 Post-Modern? Contemporary? Post-Millenium? Post-Apocolyptic-Mayan-Calendar-Fail? (shrug) For that matter, will there come a time when SA comics become lumped in with GA comics and Bronze becomes Silver, and so forth.

The question is, what will they call the Modern age of comics (1992-2012) in another 20 years? It's been like 20 years already since the start of the Modern age. Will they call anything after 2012 Post-Modern? Contemporary? Post-Millenium? Post-Apocolyptic-Mayan-Calendar-Fail? (shrug)

The Iron Age? The Social Age? The Pre-Digital Age? (shrug)

Whatever you future-grandpas decide to call them on Moonbase Deadsoon, it probably won't be 'modern'.

Lunch time........

Modern section....66 people

Golden Section 18 people.........

doh!!!!!

From a different perspective:

Modern section ... 66 people eating lunch at their desks.

Golden section ... grumpy old men eating lunch at fancy restaurants. :preach:

Lunch time........

doh!!!!!

What do folks do in the Modern Section?

------

Talk about where the book is heading creativly wise, speculation , ask questions and talk to to writers and artists of the book. It's a fun section and aot going on in there lately.....

D9D16790-67E4-4298-835C-3B03B54418FE-28584-0000118C78FEFB70_zpsabcb807f.jpg

Lunch time........

doh!!!!!

------

Attempt to out-hype each other, depending on how many copies of Dog Turd #1 they managed to blag from their LCS. (thumbs u

Lunch time........

doh!!!!!

------

Attempt to out-hype each other, depending on how many copies of Dog Turd #1 they managed to blag from their LCS. (thumbs u

Now now, some people likeTurd.... :makepoint:

Lunch time........

doh!!!!!

------

Now now, some people likeTurd.... :makepoint:

Pick up after your pet. Jeez.