• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noob Forum

1,015 posts in this topic

IMBASOLE, everyone knows how to spell it especially when you've been called it all your life. I'm just trying to pronounce it so you understand it, but I think you got it. And grammar on here is like texting, oh I forgot, you guys don't own smart phones ...

Hulk - you spelled it differently this time. No one's gonna understand your point if you keep confusing things. Just trying to help.

I sometimes think that Hulk44 was created by one of the old timers on the boards just to stir things up. I see that Hulk44 has at least one other not so thoughtful thoughtful post on another thread that where he/she goes out of the way to mock what he views as old timers. But the rest don't particularly stand out, so who knows?

Regardless, doing my part of getting this to 100 pages by posting up again. To the centennial and beyond!

IMBASOLE, everyone knows how to spell it especially when you've been called it all your life. I'm just trying to pronounce it so you understand it, but I think you got it. And grammar on here is like texting, oh I forgot, you guys don't own smart phones ...

Hulk - you spelled it differently this time. No one's gonna understand your point if you keep confusing things. Just trying to help.

I sometimes think that Hulk44 was created by one of the old timers on the boards just to stir things up. I see that Hulk44 has at least one other not so thoughtful thoughtful post on another thread that where he/she goes out of the way to mock what he views as old timers. But the rest don't particularly stand out, so who knows?

Regardless, doing my part of getting this to 100 pages by posting up again. To the centennial and beyond!

(worship)

I think Racer X is on to something.

I propose the formation of CGC's first team of super citizens. Whenever a n00b wants to know what comics will make the best short term investments, whenever a person with 15 posts starts 4 threads in three hours, whenever burning questions like "what should I collect?" Are asked - They shall be there:

The Tender Fanny Squad!

Baron Butthurt wielding his mighty enchanted Trophy for Participation

The Soother - able to dispense waves of soothing n00b relief with the dulcet tones of her voice.

Welcome Woman - her magic lasso of levity converts the most sullen and intractable board a-holes into welcoming ambassadors of goodwill and fellowship

Chatterbox- The sound of his own typing causes Chatterbox to replicate himself. He can lovingly engage multiple n00bs in multiple threads

Supported by a group of up and comers - Teen Tolerance comprised of Attaboy, The Clapper, Birthday Thread Lad and Justin

The Tender Fanny Squad will keep you warm, safe and comfortable as your mother's womb, which you didn't leave until you were 7.

Go TFS, go!!!!

I haven't seen SF around in a while, but here's some good inspiration for his TFS idea (which I in no way endorse):

I haven't seen SF around in a while, but here's some good inspiration for his TFS idea (which I in no way endorse):

Learn how to embed a video, noob. :baiting:

Wouldn't it be much KINDER to TEACH me how to embed, instead of BASHING me for it? You know what they say, teach a n00b to embed...

You've got to ask yourself this...

If many noobs can join up here, avoid getting verbally battered, slowly acclimatise themselves to the community, begin contributing and interacting in a civilised fashion, and finally find themselves as a respected member of the community...

Why can't the others?

Because to some people it is more fulfilling, to themselves, to mistreat people than to entreat them.

You've got to ask yourself this...

If many noobs can join up here, avoid getting verbally battered, slowly acclimatise themselves to the community, begin contributing and interacting in a civilised fashion, and finally find themselves as a respected member of the community...

Why can't the others?

Because to some people it is more fulfilling, to themselves, to mistreat people than to entreat them.

:golfclap: