• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow - Marvel Preview #7 goes through the roof...

163 posts in this topic

I sold my #7 9.6 a bit on the cheap side at $1500. Sold my 9.2 for $1000. I did however get over $2900 for my #4 9.8. $5400 for a $400 total investment isn't that bad. I guuuuueeeees I'll take it. I think I might buy a 70's malibu or something with the $ and call it the Guardian.

Which reminds me that I really must get around to finding my comic magazine box with the extra copy or copies of MP #4 which I had cherry picked off the shelves of the LCS's when they first came out.

Knowing myself, however, I'll never get around to doing this until it's too late (may already be) since I've been saying this for the past few months and still haven't got around to doing it yet. doh!

I sold my #7 9.6 a bit on the cheap side at $1500. Sold my 9.2 for $1000. I did however get over $2900 for my #4 9.8. $5400 for a $400 total investment isn't that bad. I guuuuueeeees I'll take it. I think I might buy a 70's malibu or something with the $ and call it the Guardian.

Which reminds me that I really must get around to finding my comic magazine box with the extra copy or copies of MP #4 which I had cherry picked off the shelves of the LCS's when they first came out.

Knowing myself, however, I'll never get around to doing this until it's too late (may already be) since I've been saying this for the past few months and still haven't got around to doing it yet. doh!

I think you'll be fine. Interest will be strong in this issue it looks like.

Like a fine wine.......I think not finding them might have been the best thing. But when you do send me a PM. :)

So a 9.6 just sold on ebay for $3150!!!!!

That is bonkers

Buyers should wait until the movie comes and goes.

Captain America Winter Soldier was a huge success yet once the movie passed

the price of Captain America #6 began to head downwards and became a slow seller, even though everyone loved the character and the movie.

There are 6 9.4s, 6 9.6s, and 3 9.8s. When's the next time a collector looking for a high grade copy of this book will come across one? It's an apples and oranges comparison to say the market will be anything like Captain America 6, which you can find in 9.8 in spades any day of any week.

There are 6 9.4s, 6 9.6s, and 3 9.8s. When's the next time a collector looking for a high grade copy of this book will come across one? It's an apples and oranges comparison to say the market will be anything like Captain America 6, which you can find in 9.8 in spades any day of any week.

Agreed.

It's hard to sit and wait if one really wants a high grade copy, because you may never get a chance to get one again.

This book has been "hot" for a while, so it seems like if there was going to be a wave of them to be graded, it would have happened by now.

No way I'm buying this for what I could grab a Hulk 181, Bats 232, etc. for.

But that's me...

Agreed.

It's hard to sit and wait if one really wants a high grade copy, because you may never get a chance to get one again.

This book has been "hot" for a while, so it seems like if there was going to be a wave of them to be graded, it would have happened by now.

But that's me...

+1. Anyone calling this anything other than speculation is just plain in denial. And the initial confusion over RR's actual first appearance (thanks, CGC) drove a lot of speculator interest to the wrong book. Now that the matter has been cleared up for the most part, plenty of MP 7's are coming available now and plenty more will start finding their way into slabs, which will of course pump the brakes on the book.

-J.

Agreed.

But that's me...

+1. Anyone calling this anything other than speculation is just plain in denial. And the initial confusion over RR's actual first appearance (thanks, CGC) drove a lot of speculator interest to the wrong book. Now that the matter has been cleared up for the most part, plenty of MP 7's are coming available now and plenty more will start finding their way into slabs, which will of course pump the brakes on the book.

-J.

I think this book has long term power ..

This is a Furry fun marketable 21st century Raccoon marketed by Disney.

This is right in Disney's sweet spot. 6 months ago NO ONE knew who RR was. Now he is promoted daily on national TV ...

Guaranteed RR will be a long term Cash Cow.. er' Raccoon for Disney.

Print run on this book along with being not important for 30 years makes it a lil hard to find as well

Agreed.

But that's me...

-J.

This is right in Disney's sweet spot. 6 months ago NO ONE knew who RR was. Now he is promoted daily on national TV ...

Print run on this book along with being not important for 30 years makes it a lil hard to find as well

You don't think the vast majority of this is just the typical movie speculation/bubble? Plus there are about 20 copies available on ebay at any given time. That's not "rare", and the book seems more and more plentiful online everyday. And despite a few unreported outlier sales, and the one clearly exorbitant 9.6 sale on ebay, they don't seem to be closing too much higher than a few hundred dollars on average. I get the feeling the book is a little bit smoke and mirrors. In other words, typical dealer/flipper carnival barking. (shrug)

-J.

Agreed.

But that's me...

-J.

You don't think the vast majority of this is just the typical movie speculation/bubble? Plus there are about 20 copies available on ebay at any given time. That's not "rare", and the book seems more and more plentiful online everyday. And despite a few unreported outlier sales, and the one clearly exorbitant 9.6 sale on ebay, they don't seem to be closing too much higher than a few hundred dollars on average. I get the feeling the book is a little bit smoke and mirrors. In other words, typical dealer/flipper carnival barking. (shrug)

-J.

Rare .. yea I do think so in compared to print runs of decent books.

I would guess we are seeing some ebay inventory as the book is still newly discovered in the comic world and people are holding out for big $.

There are only 110 univ graded copies ...110 ....

Compare that to any key out there as far as graded copies ...

(ASM 1 has 1700 copies graded, not comparing the book ;))

And with Disney marketing I just think the book has "potential" especially in mid graded affordable copies..

Thor, I think you may be comparing apples to oranges in some way.

You have to take into account:

1) As much as movie hype is fueled, the Rocket Raccoon people knew from the early magazine stories and the original mini-series has little to nothing to do with what Marvel is doing right now with its characters;

2) it has even less to do with the movies;

3) a book shows a good number of CGC copies on the census when its popularity determines so: not necessarily valuable because there are a few copies on the census.

Said this, there are people which desire this book (like me) for the Satana feature and not much more.

If we are talking of commercial speculation, fine, but even this should have some bases. The speculation bubbles have yet to show me people buy these books because they love the characters: in their majority, they don’t, so something which is not loved does not hold value in time, as much as "Disney" (Walt R.I.P.) might pump on the marketing…