• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow - Marvel Preview #7 goes through the roof...

163 posts in this topic

But after I sold a 9.8 copy of Marvel Preview #11 for $1,000. Marvel Preview #7 for $2,000 and Marvel Preview #4 for $1,000 after paying a total of $110.00 for all 3 I will say I love GoftheG. Not to mention the 10 CGC 9.8 copies of Hulk #271 sold for $500 plus. Thank you Guardians of the Galaxy for moving my 10 year shelf inventory.

I think this pretty much epitomizes the nature of what Marvel is doing now! lol

Those who think this book is a flash in the pan are sorely mistaken.

With a cartoon series and a sequel announced from SDCC, this book will continue to climb. Marvel is trying to secure the next big comic franchise.

A raccoon with a gun, almost as crazy as turtles with swords and nunchuks...

......now if only every higher dollar auction on ebay wasn't being shilled, thus skewing the real values of these books, you might be onto something.... :tonofbricks:

-J.

:facepalm: You're crazy.

Unforunately, no. And I'm convinced those two books are boardie books, and he/she read this thread, because now the same new shill bidder (probably a friend's account or something this time) is the high bidder on each.

Fact is, every NON SHILLED auction ends in the $150-750 range, with an average price around $350-ish. Those are the factual data points, and they don't lie.

-J.

......now if only every higher dollar auction on ebay wasn't being shilled, thus skewing the real values of these books, you might be onto something.... :tonofbricks:

-J.

Unforunately, no. And I'm convinced those two books are boardie books, and he/she read this thread, because now the same new shill bidder (probably a friend's account or something this time) is the high bidder on each.

Fact is, every NON SHILLED auction ends in the $150-750 range, with an average price around $350-ish. Those are the factual data points, and they don't lie.

-J.

No, you are. lol

-J.

-J.

No, you are. lol

The evidence speaks for itself. :makepoint:

-J.

-J.

-J.

No, you are. lol

-J.

You know you may be right the shilling and at least reading the boards. Sadly I still need a 7 and have been looking for a long time for the right one at the right price. I just can 't seem to find them at the right price for me to buy. That and I keep blowing my money on art.

With a cartoon series and a sequel announced from SDCC, this book will continue to climb. Marvel is trying to secure the next big comic franchise.

That’s the most relevant point to me: Rocket Raccoon was not "crazy" at all.

-J.

-J.

No, you are. lol

-J.

You know you may be right the shilling and at least reading the boards. Sadly I still need a 7 and have been looking for a long time for the right one at the right price. I just can 't seem to find them at the right price for me to buy. That and I keep blowing my money on art.

Funny either its not really a shill or they truly do read these boards. Within the 12 hours since Jaydogrules' discussion the suspected shill threw out a bunch of bids.

This raccoon with a gun sat unnoticed for nearly 40 years.

Marvel Preview #7 and Hulk #271 were nothing more then a few bucks all those years.

The movie hype and speculation are the sole reasons these books soared.

Just like every other character that is announced in a tv show or movie.

In my opinion those are the characteristics of a flash in the pan but it's ok not to agree.

Marvel Preview #7 and Hulk #271 were nothing more then a few bucks all those years.

In my opinion those are the characteristics of a flash in the pan but it's ok not to agree.

I agree with aspects of both arguments.

The price jump is 100% tied to hype and speculation.

But I think Rocket is going to end up extremely popular, and the prices on MP7 and IH271 are going to stay high.

Not the current levels, but $500+ books.

My opinion, anyway....

OK but now don’t tell me this caricatural Rocket Raccoon is original.

If one says he believes it will be pushed to be popular OK, but don’t tell me this stuff is good written, because it is not – anyway has little to do with Rocket.

A lot better to produce new characters or independent comics of good quality instead, I’m surely not willing to agree on what Marvel has been doing for years now.

But I think Rocket is going to end up extremely popular, and the prices on MP7 and IH271 are going to stay high.

My opinion, anyway....

How about the other 2 red hot books in the GOTG scenario?

I noticed that OS has jacked the valuation on MSH 18 up to $800 and TTA 13 with the first Groot appearance all the way up to $3K. Pretty hefty price increases on these 2 books!!!

Is that actually reflective of the real marketplace since I believe the characters from MSH 18 that makes up the GOTC team are completely different from the actual characters on the team from the GOTG movie?

My opinion, anyway....

How about the other 2 red hot books in the GOTG scenario?

I noticed that OS has jacked the valuation on MSH 18 up to $800 and TTA 13 with the first Groot appearance all the way up to $3K. Pretty hefty price increases on these 2 books!!!

Is that actually reflective of the real marketplace since I believe the characters from MSH 18 that makes up the GOTC team are completely different from the actual characters on the team from the GOTG movie?

I saw those increases too. MSH #18 is crazy since it's not even the team that is in the movie. Marvel Two in One #5 also climbed as it's the 2nd appearance of the GoftheG without being the characters in the movie.

In my opinion, it's not reflective of the long term marketplace within the hobby. Those books will have a tough time realizing those prices as the GoftheG movie comes and goes.

Increases on all Marvel Preview Star Lord appearances jumped dramatically. Each at $75 in 9.2. As well as Marvel Spotlight #6 and #7 (vol. #2).

The one OSPG missed was Marvel Premiere #61, Star Lord appearance and lower printed last issue of the run.

In my opinion, it's not reflective of the long term marketplace within the hobby. Those books will have a tough time realizing those prices as the GoftheG movie comes and goes.

Would you say the same about ST110, TOS39, Avengers 1/4, JIM83, X-Men 4 as well?

I spent about a decade as a magazine collector from 1990 to 2000.

I can't speak to absolute rarity but I know relative to the other issues of Marvel Preview I was purchasing, Issue 7 was by far the rarest of the lot. No idea why. I hunted that Satana cover for quite a while before I found my jewel copy.

That borderline R-rated cover of Satana. :cloud9:

-J.

-J.

No, you are. lol

-J.

Funny either its not really a shill or they truly do read these boards. Within the 12 hours since Jaydogrules' discussion the suspected shill threw out a bunch of bids.

Both shilled auctions have been canceled by the seller(s). I would say that is extremely strong circumstantial

evidence suggesting that the seller (s) do in fact read these boards. It's nice to see them do the right thing regardless.

-J.