• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman 15 "Scarce"?

18 posts in this topic

I was just browsing through the Overstreet Price Guide and noticed that it lists Miracleman 15 as "scarce". However, Overstreet defines "scarce" as when only 20-100 copies of a book are known to exist. Clearly this is not the case with Miracleman 15 as over 400 have been CGC graded.

Therefore, is the Overstreet note on Miracleman 15 an error (which I assume it must be), or does Overstreet have more than one definition of "scarce"?

Thanks.

Keen eyes you have there. Clearly the "scarce" listing is inaccurate. Perhaps low print run would more appropriate, like issue 16.

You should send a letter or email the OPG. This is how one gets their name listed on the "thank you" section.

It's like comparing Hulk 181 to other issues around that time.

It's just the issue that everyone wants.

BINGO! this book ain't that ''rare'' when there are over 50 copies in cgc 9.8 slabs?

Well its certainly the issue everyone wants but its also a fact that some of the print run of MM15 was destroyed in a flood @ Eclipse. You can't say that about any hulk issue so far as I know. Its scarcer than most/all of the rest of the moore issues, but no one in their right mind would call it rare or scarce.

Rarer than hulk 181 though! :insane:

I was just browsing through the Overstreet Price Guide and noticed that it lists Miracleman 15 as "scarce". However, Overstreet defines "scarce" as when only 20-100 copies of a book are known to exist. Clearly this is not the case with Miracleman 15 as over 400 have been CGC graded.

Therefore, is the Overstreet note on Miracleman 15 an error (which I assume it must be), or does Overstreet have more than one definition of "scarce"?

Thanks.

More than one definition. There are a number of cases when he says "scarce," but he just means "a little harder to find." You can write him, but I would say from experience that it's a long shot that he will bother to change it.

I seem to remember reading -- or maybe someone told me -- that some errors persist from one edition to the next for copyright reasons. If someone were to swipe his listings -- including the errors -- the inclusion of the errors could be used as evidence that the person hadn't compiled the listings independently.

Isn't it time we had another Hulk #181 thread? It's been a while.

You missed your Friday opportunity. Hold that thought until next week.

Neither rare nor scarce, one of my copies has an off color cover. This is apparently not unusual for this issue. I planned on getting a Tottleben head sketch if the opp ever presented itself again.

b888d1d7.jpg

Isn't it time we had another Hulk #181 thread? It's been a while.

Remember the glory days when every 2 nd thread was about hulk 181?

Yup.

Well its certainly the issue everyone wants but its also a fact that some of the print run of MM15 was destroyed in a flood @ Eclipse. You can't say that about any hulk issue so far as I know. Its scarcer than most/all of the rest of the moore issues, but no one in their right mind would call it rare or scarce.

Good post. Thanks

Thanks.

Definitely an error, there were just over 7,000 copies of Miracleman #15 produced; it is the rarest of the Moore issues but #24 is the rarest of the main run with around 6,500 produced. If they are talking scarce they should be talking about the 2D version of Miracleman 3D #1.