• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Oh ok. Maybe there was a few weeks of behind the scenes stuff we didn't know about? I mean Avatar hasn't come out and said yes or no yet. The project isn't anything new so who knows. Like Matt Hawkins was pitching Think Tank as a show even before he had the idea of making the comic book. The in store signing at FP seems like a good place to make the announcement, so I guess we will maybe see in a week or two.

He started writing this well over a year ago.

I know for a fact that the completed issues are into double figures.

And have been for quite a while.

That comes direct from someone who should know...

As for a movie - all I get is "no comment" and the best "I CANNOT comment on that"

True or not - this book is getting a lot of heat.

I'm enjoying reading it, and can't wait for the story to flesh out.

Hey guys, have had a bunch of pm's so checking in real quick.

Our office got hit by lightning last night RIGHT on top of the office that has most of our computer network equipment, frying a bunch of stuff. Nobody hurt, nothing irreplaceable lost but spent the day replacing equipment and getting back up to speed. Keeping pretty busy otherwise as well... have a definite sense it's going to be a good spring & summer for comics.

Uber #1 and #0 Enhanced should be hitting stores May 8. Thanks again everyone for the interest in this book, I'm very grateful.

Good news.

Mark - I see that Avatar is going to be at the Calgary Expo this week. Any chance of sneak peeks at #1 at the show?

You should be able to get more than a sneak peak of #1 - try upto #11..

Part of an email recieved from Avatars William Christensen yesterday:

"Andy - I've read up to #11 so far and outlines for up to #60, it just keeps getting better and we are committed to the long haul on this series. You'll make out quite well getting in on the ground floor."

So basically Uber has 5 years worth of material, and Issue #11 is fully finished.

That would say - keep #0.

No wonder they sold out in days, and may explain how movie studios knew the story and why they are keent o option it (shrug)

1) Propaganda

2) Blitzkrieg

3) Standard

4) Wrap around.

All are good for the "6 month rule", and if the book grows as it should, then so should sold prices.

Strong but steady sustainable growth.

Hopefully be a $125 + CGC 9.8 blue by then.

Avatar only put out 4 covers, which seems to be the norm for any modern that is doing well.

Got an email from Avatar this morning allowing me to order some of the special covers for 0 and 1. Get'em while the gettins good!

Uber #1 Apocalypse Set -- Ltd to 1000. $30

Uber #1 Retailer Edition -- This edition was only available one copy per retailer at C2E2 this weekend! Limited to 850 copies. $25

Uber #0 Enhanced Blitzkrieg Edition -- Now in stock! Ltd to 1000. $9.99

All UBER listings

http://www.comcav.com/