• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

>> I'm just here for the Larry/Andy love-in.<<

He's NOT Andy anymore..

He's "beige"

Huge difference.

Anyway...

My shop's art club theme tonight is Uber.

I'm afraid...

Larry in "non expletive" answer shocker!

Where is that Leopard with the missing spots??

securedownload-17.jpg

securedownload-16.jpg

Congrats - they look awesome mate!

welllllll, it had to happen, someone is saying glorifying nazis...bet that kills any movie/tv deal; as a Jew myself and the first to cry anti-semitism, this is not....

Yeah the characters are Bad mo-fo's, but they are evil and real a-holes like they were....I really don't think that the media should avoid the subject of nazis of WW 2...

bet that kills any movie/tv deal

Doubtful, Nazis in movies or TV haven't detered quality productions from happening and production companies from making $$$ from said content.

The complaints thus far have been from internet riff raff and no official group with any serious public voice or political pull. Besides do you think Canaan White would want to be associated with a book that promotes Nazism and white supremacy??

Spoiler.....Canaan is black :gossip:

yeah...yeah...that he's black doesn't really mean that the Jewish world is gonna give them a pass...ever hear of jewish nazis, gay , etc....

But I agree that this is NOT an anti-semitic book, just that Hollywood might be a little shy about making this into a movie....

This book still has legs...the story is too good for this to completely die.

Don't you know that the more covers you print the story suddenly becomes horrible... get in line with program man, you must not hate it, the authorities of the almighty CGC boards have spoken.

/sarcasm

lol

"My maternal grandfather was the toughest guy I ever knew. World War II veteran. He killed twenty men and then spent the rest of the war in an Allied prison camp."

You really had to make me google that didn't you? :kidaround:

This is just Bleeding Cool pimping the comic. There is no controversy. They made this up so the fans will get angry and support the book more. Sheep...

I agree, totally rediculous.

On topic, issue #2 was pretty good. Lots of action and we find out how to kill battleships. I give it 1.5 thumbs up

On topic, issue #2 was pretty good. Lots of action and we find out how to kill battleships. I give it 1.5 thumbs up

Yep #2 is a strong continuation of #1 with more tidbits on what makes the Ubermesch tick. In fact I found that Gillen is very efficient in his story telling, virtually every scene had key dialogue and foretelling of what we can expect but also makes you ask more questions, wanting to know more detail and makes you excited about what comes next. The -script seems very tight right now and that's a good thing. Getting hard to pinpoint what this book is. Horror? War/Action? History lesson? Superheros and supervillains?

It's a nice blend of everything right now. (thumbs u

This is just Bleeding Cool pimping the comic. There is no controversy. They made this up so the fans will get angry and support the book more. Sheep...

Yep you're right on the money. Bleeding Cools credibility is dropping daily. First they start unfounded "Movie rumors" and now this rubbish.

If the book can't survive on it's own then it was never any good in the first place.

I dislike Avatar in general and Rich Johnson in particular, but am enjoying this book so far. Still needs tighter editing though as I have spotted typos or historical inaccuracies in every issue so far.

That said, I can see some real potential going forward. I just hope the Avatar schlock and gore is reigned in.

Still needs tighter editing though as I have spotted typos or historical inaccuracies in every issue so far.

If we spot historical errors we should record them here. Even for all his exhaustive research Gillen wanted his errors pointed out because he knew he couldn't get everything perfect. Maybe he will start visiting here to reference what we found incorrect. :wishluck:

For my own info I'd like to also know what others have noticed that I may have missed as I'm no slouch in WW2 history.

Then we can all learn something. hm

Still needs tighter editing though as I have spotted typos or historical inaccuracies in every issue so far.

If we spot historical errors we should record them here. Even for all his exhaustive research Gillen wanted his errors pointed out because he knew he couldn't get everything perfect. Maybe he will start visiting here to reference what we found incorrect. :wishluck:

For my own info I'd like to also know what others have noticed that I may have missed as I'm no slouch in WW2 history.

Then we can all learn something. hm

I flagged it up before, but there is a reference in issue 1 to Britain being ruled by the Queen during WW2 when she didn't accede to the throne until 1952.

Also, in my area issue #2 were showing various degrees of the same print defect on any of the reg or variant covers. There is a methodical machinery type indentation above the top staple on the front cover. Sometimes it's very faint but a few covers were dented pretty significantly. Saw this on stacks at 3 different LCS.

Anyone else noticing the same problem? Issue 0 and 1 have been mostly bullet proof thus far...

I dislike Avatar in general and Rich Johnson in particular, but am enjoying this book so far. Still needs tighter editing though as I have spotted typos or historical inaccuracies in every issue so far.

That said, I can see some real potential going forward. I just hope the Avatar schlock and gore is reigned in.

Well, I like Avatar and Rich Johnson in particular! I also like the schlock and gore. And when I want historical accuracy, I look somewhere other than a COMIC BOOK! But, to each their own.