• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help with a possible WD 1 purchase

44 posts in this topic

I have a chance to get a copy of WD1 in CGC 9.4 for $900 and i am really on the fence.

I have looked at it and i really believe that it could press to a 9.6 or maybe a 9.8

One small color breaking spine tick (very miniscule), a couple of non color breaking ones and a blunted corner

What is everyones thought? Need some input here

$900 is below the 90 day average ($1,000) and last sale ($977) and right in line with the 12 month average ($904) per GPA.

I'd say, if you want the book and the cost isn't a major issue, you're not going to find a much better deal than that, even if it doesn't press up.

$900 is below the 90 day average ($1,000) and last sale ($977) and right in line with the 12 month average ($904) per GPA.

I'd say, if you want the book and the cost isn't a major issue, you're not going to find a much better deal than that, even if it doesn't press up.

Ditto.

If you have the cash and this is for investment I would get a CGC 9.8 and pass on a 9.4. If this title continues to go up in value you should have a much better rate of return with the 9.8. This of course is just my opinion.

The color breaking spine tick will prevent it from grading more than a 9.6, even with a press.

I'm not a Walking Dead guy, so I would never spend that kind of money on that particular book, but if it was a book I really wanted, I would save the money to buy a 9.8. 9.4 moderns are nothing special.

The color breaking spine tick will prevent it from grading more than a 9.6, even with a press.

I'm not a Walking Dead guy, so I would never spend that kind of money on that particular book, but if it was a book I really wanted, I would save the money to buy a 9.8. 9.4 moderns are nothing special.

FWIW, GPA disagrees with you. The 90 day, 12 month, and most recent sale data all suggest that 9.4 is where the book really takes off price wise ($1,000+).

FWIW, GPA disagrees with you. The 90 day, 12 month, and most recent sale data all suggest that 9.4 is where the book really takes off price wise ($1,000+).

I'm aware of what people are willing to pay for a 9.4, but I still would not pay big money for a modern in that grade. If you're going to buy a slabbed modern, 9.8 is the way to go (with very few exceptions).

I'm aware of what people are willing to pay for a 9.4, but I still would not pay big money for a modern in that grade. If you're going to buy a slabbed modern, 9.8 is the way to go (with very few exceptions).

What he said :headbang: