• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #1 NEW VARIANTS FROM WIZARD WORLD !?!?

27 posts in this topic

Just stumpled across this on my facebook

only available at wizard world shows in 2013 and Wizard pulled there toronto show this year.

http://www.wizardworld.com/rokiwade1exv1.html

Five new Variants for a new print of Walking Dead #1?

Michael Golden is a cool name to drop but the cover isn't that nice

Books are free with your ticket. This is not a cash grab getting collectors to pay even more to complete their sets. Flippers will be doing that, not Kirkman. Blame the guy who gets his copy graded onsite and flips it on eBay for making a cash grab. 2c

This sounds like a cool idea to get people who watch the TV show or have simply heard of WD because of the buzz, to try the first TPB.

I have absolutely no doubt that the variant craze will end very well, and all of these books will thrive in the secondary market for years to come. Likewise I am certain that the collectors eagerly pursuing second and third printings because they have even smaller print runs than the first will never realize at some point in the future, "Hey, wait, this is a freaking reprint, it's worthless. Because it's a freaking reprint and freaking reprints are, by definition, worthless."