• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dream Merchant

31 posts in this topic

http://dreamshavemeaning.tumblr.com/

New series from Nathan Edmondson and Konstantin Novosadov.

"The Dream Merchant" hasn't been officially announced as the title but it's a decent guess going by the blog.

I'm interested because I really liked WIJE? (though I think the Activity is quite poor). The art looks really good and the concept seems interesting.

I think an official announcement is coming very soon.

I'll be pre-ordering.

Teeth.

“I “wale up” with a nagging feeling.

Brush my teeth, lose a tooth.

Have breakfast, lose a tooth.

I get worried.

I get my stuff together to go to work. I lose a few teeth.

I call in sick and go the the dentist.

On the way I hit every red light and my remaining teeth rattle in my mouth, hanging on by the nerves.

I don’t make it. I lose all my teeth and then I actually wake up in a cold sweat.”

-Hansel M.

New from Image today:

843140471150497.png

"From Nathan Edmondson (DANCER, THE ACTIVITY) and newcomer Konstantin Novosadov comes THE DREAM MERCHANT, a sci-fi series from Image Comics, about Winslow, a troubled mental patient in his late teens. Winslow suffers from a recurring dream that grows more intense every night — and when he discovers its true meaning, the world will literally change.

A friend's comment led Edmondson to contemplate the idea behind THE DREAM MERCHANT. "I started thinking about dreams as something one could exchange, and trade," he said, in a mini-interview at the Image Comics blog, "which eventually yielded the idea behind Winslow's dream."

The task of depicting Winslow's dreamscapes, as well as the dreariness of his ordinary life, is in the hands of talented Russian artist Novsadov. His impressionistic, color-washed style is a perfect complement to Edmondson's story of the mysteries of dream life and fantasy.

Volume I of THE DREAM MERCHANT is a six-issue, full-color miniseries. The first issue (MAR130450) will be in stores May 15 and will be available for pre-order from the March issue of Previews. Readers who want a sneak peek in advance are invited to submit their dreams to a special Tumblr site, dreamshavemeaning.tumblr.com."

So, sounds like it will be 6 issues, but also that it will possibly continue if sales are good as it is being referred to as "volume 1". Art looks a little Luther Strodey in that pic.

>Volume I of THE DREAM MERCHANT is a six-issue, full-color miniseries. The first issue (MAR130450) will be in stores May 15 and will be available for pre-order from the March issue of Previews. Readers who want a sneak peek in advance are invited to submit their dreams to a special Tumblr site, dreamshavemeaning.tumblr.com."

HMM so its ongoing, I'm thinking a six issues then a break then ongoing kinda like Peter Panzerfaust.

>Volume I of THE DREAM MERCHANT is a six-issue, full-color miniseries. The first issue (MAR130450) will be in stores May 15 and will be available for pre-order from the March issue of Previews. Readers who want a sneak peek in advance are invited to submit their dreams to a special Tumblr site, dreamshavemeaning.tumblr.com."

HMM so its ongoing, I'm thinking a six issues then a break then ongoing kinda like Peter Panzerfaust.

Lolwut?

It will probably be 6 issue volumes similar to the other books this writer has worked on?

It clearly states it is a mini-series

Found this thread.

Picked up 3 copies.

Didn't know it's supposed to, apparently, be a 6 issue mini (though we know that could change).

Anyone else pick it up? Anyone read it yet?

I actually enjoyed it. I'm not the biggest Edmonson fan, but this one was interesting. As FSB stated, it takes most of the issue to get the direction (which appeared to be intentional).

Pat