• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013 Tickets. Anyone have any luck today getting passes?

56 posts in this topic

...as sad as it is, San Diego's primary concern is most likely for Admission fees.... of which the lion's share will be from the very folks that aren't really spending much with vendors. Many exhibitors will use this venue as a marketing write off. I used to want to attend this show once before I died but this is no longer the case. My "Mecca" is Baltimore or Heroes.....although I would daydream from time to time about attending Chicago....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Chicago is by leaps and bounds the best city in this country for comic con.

SOT (a friend of Shy-Town Comic Cons)

Rosemont. Downtown Chicago sucks.

I last went, probably, 10 years ago and it was out of control then with the guy slicing and dicing tomatoes and selling knives.

:idea:

Maybe someone in San Diego should start a show, call it a "Comic Con" and actually sell comics at it?

:whistle:

I think San Diego should have two locations for Comic Con, one for these stupid Twlight losers who take up all the tickets.

You call them stupid, but it seems to me that he "stupid Twilight losers" are smarter than comic fans since they seem to be more successful in getting tickets.

I think San Diego should have two locations for Comic Con, one for these stupid Twlight losers who take up all the tickets.

You call them stupid, but it seems to me that he "stupid Twilight losers" are smarter than comic fans since they seem to be more successful in getting tickets.

Well they have the energy and means to jump through all the hoops to get the tickets.

Most comic book adults don't have the free time to allocate and energy to hit the refresh button constantly.

Well they have the energy and means to jump through all the hoops to get the tickets.

Most comic book adults don't have the free time to allocate and energy to hit the refresh button constantly.

Some of us have to work to support all those Twilight losers,and can't be by a computer collecting Welfare.

Some of us have to work to support all those Twilight losers,and can't be by a computer collecting Welfare.

My impression is that "the Twilight losers" tend not to come from a lower income demographic.

My impression is that "the Twilight losers" tend not to come from a lower income demographic.

Not really since most of the attendees only buy the price of admission and that is about it.

For SDCC I would assume more than 50% of the people that attend have zero money in their pockets past the gates. Most are happy to just come attend the show, walk around, window shop, celebrity watch, panels, and pick up some free swag then call it a day.

Rich or poor the the same money would be spent in the twilight age range.

When SDCC was at Golden Hall, they had 2 rooms. One side was old comics.. One side was newer comics and toys etc.

The newer stuff side had more people in it.

I dislike the "twilite" folks as much as the next. But it is what it is.

There is talk of extending the convention center. The way this city moves, it's going to be a while. So for now this is how it's going to be.

Dave, it's not fair to characterize Twilight fans as losers. They're people just like you or I who happen to fixate on Twilight. It would be nice if they and other media fans didn't take over what was once a comic convention.

Was this post started by a guy who doesn't have to worry about a badge and parking?

Yup, those working people don't have time to sit at a computer all day hitting the refresh button. Words escape me on that post.

:roflmao:

:devil:

Bob providing SOT with a SDCC badge since 2007. (worship)

My sales at the HighGrade booth should be considered legendary though for sure! :grin:

I have had a love/hate relationship with SDCC for about five years now.I think the last straw was having my family and friends have to stand in a line all night just to get tickets for the next years Con.Having a hotel room "The Hilton" right across the street from the convention center,you guys know that hotel is 600.00 dollars a night.I didn't even get a chance to sleep or even relax in the hotel,600 bucks gone! I'm not a big spender at the Con,but I do bring anywhere from 6K to 10K to the show,and now that revenue stream is gone for the sellers there.I hope I can still work something out with Rick Whitelock to buy a book from him there,but that's it.I wouldn't want to stay there.I enjoy Terry's show in Yorba Linda much better than San Diego.

Good riddence San Diego,it's been fun. meh

It's sad. If comic collectors can't get in the few comic dealers still doing this show will quit coming.

In one of his newsletters a couple of years ago, didn't Chuck talk about trying to organize comic dealers to move to a different venue? I guess that nothing came of it.

Was this post started by a guy who doesn't have to worry about a badge and parking?

Yup, those working people don't have time to sit at a computer all day hitting the refresh button. Words escape me on that post.

:makepoint:

I've only been once and had a great time. We stayed at a hotel out in the hinterlands and took the light rail in and out. And we accepted early on that we'd make sure we had something to read and deal with the lines. But it is a total madhouse.

The saddest part for me was seeing a handful of people in line for Neal Adams and 5,000 people in line for Twilight.

:facepalm:

This year I'm going to NYCC instead.