• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best looking comic book EVER?

83 posts in this topic

I think the operative word here is "looking"...best looking book....not most valuable, best first appearance or most desireable

Action #1 would be the best looking book in my hands. I would be weeping in happiness. :cloud9:

For series packaging, DC did a good job in the 80s with both Dark Knight and Watchmen. They really stood out with different looks to their covers, but tied by a unified look throughout the series. Watchmen's covers acting as first panels to the stories inside was a nice touch too. Good looking in a functional way.

In terms of overall design aesthetic, it's Manhattan Projects for me. Take a look at the released and solicited issues below. You can tell instantly that you're looking at an MP book even without the title - that's one of the things that tells me what a great looking and distinctive book it is.

5l3te8.jpg2poclxx.jpgnycop5.jpg68cwms.jpg

35ltdtt.jpg2jeeatx.jpg2ef5p34.jpg2ykymq0.jpg

2cwqbb.jpgo5rlao.jpgwc1j60.jpg25jgx3c.jpg

2ldgdfm.jpgdfhd9e.jpg

This is a tough call, but I'll go with what my gut is telling me right now for a modern cover:

This cover is why I started to collect moderns. Im not a Leinil Yu fan, don't like Ronin and don't see the big deal about Elektra, but the cover is great: the color choices, the fact that it looks like a sketch cover, the attack positions..... Amazing.

Plus it kinda reminds me of another fav of mine: SS #4..... Seems like a cover swipe 2 me hm

SAM_3443.jpg

This is a tough call, but I'll go with what my gut is telling me right now for a modern cover:

This cover is why I started to collect moderns. Im not a Leinil Yu fan, don't like Ronin and don't see the big deal about Elektra, but the cover is great: the color choices, the fact that it looks like a sketch cover, the attack positions..... Amazing.

Plus it kinda reminds me of another fav of mine: SS #4..... Seems like a cover swipe 2 me hm

SAM_3443.jpg

This cover is a rip/homage to another famous piece that is eluding me right now..

GAH.. of course I forget it.. and Ill remember at 3am. :/

Action #1. Everyone on this thread would love to have a copy.

Not me. If I came across a copy, I'd sell it and buy a Tec # 27. :luhv:

You and me both.Tec 27 will always be my ultimate grail book.

Me 3... (thumbs u