• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Well, a signed (possibly unnumbered) Yellow label CGC 9.8 is at $200 as per the board pricing currently. One not overseen by the CGC would obtain a green label which would be markedly less. A blue could possibly be around the same level as the yellow IMHO. I prefer blue, but some prefer yellow. I'd think the blues would be a premium just because there are so few of them. Most are numbered, and most of those are also signed. It's almost impossible to find an unnumbered/unsigned one. But it's not that easy to find a yellow label either. The other issue of future pricing is relating to the series being picked up as a continuing one. If that occurs then expect these to become even more sought after. Pricing is your best guess at that point....will certainly be higher however.

How much do you think a raw unsigned/unnumbered will go for and one graded CGC 9.8? Thinking about selling some raw ones I have!

:takeit:

Did anyone ever find out for sure if a numbered but not signed would get a Green label or not? I know where was some debate.

Can you guys find that anywhere? I have exhausted the impressive search function on the boards as well as Google and I can't find where this policy is stated. TSOL Boogeyman edition is numbered on the front.

I emailed CGC back and forth when the book came out and sent scans of a numbered one. I guess whoever told me it would get a green may have been wrong.

I spoke to Shawn Caffrey, the head modern grader today on this.

If the book was signed AND numbered in front of a witness, it will be a yellow label. otherwise...green.

Edited by chainnball

Well, will anyone have an Eccc that is signed by both Chris & Frank for sale? Just curious, I know they did the signing this past weekend in NY. If so, please pm me.

I will have two signed by Frank at the ECCC, and he numbered both in front of a CGC witness coming back this week. Chris was not there. I would like to know if there will be any high grade copies of number one that just came out? They all seem to have some indentation on them next to the spine, so i gave up looking.

I would like to know if there will be any high grade copies of number one that just came out? They all seem to have some indentation on them next to the spine, so i gave up looking.

It seems to have affected the entire batch to some extent. That said, some break color, others don't. A pressing should rectify at least a portion of those issues.

What would have a better value a numbered one raw or a green label 9.8? I really want to get my copy graded but its numbered but not signed.

Best thing you can do given the circumstances: hold it, wait for another comicon where Frank or Chris is going to be at. Let them sign it and verify they numbered it initially. Then hand it over to the CGC for a yellow label.

In theory it should work.

What would have a better value a numbered one raw or a green label 9.8? I really want to get my copy graded but its numbered but not signed.

Best thing you can do given the circumstances: hold it, wait for another comicon where Frank or Chris is going to be at. Let them sign it and verify they numbered it initially. Then hand it over to the CGC for a yellow label.

In theory it should work.

No. After-the-fact verification doesn't work with SS books.

What'll happen is that CGC will give the book a yellow label and consider the original number that's written on the cover a grade-affecting defect.