• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I've been getting a lot of PMs re: OA. Don't buy OA if you don't love the art...

Buy it for the right reasons and you'll do OK.

I guess I'm one of those culprits. I do in fact love anything relating to Preacher. And the prices you stated having paid doesn't inhibit my interest one bit. I wouldn't buy what I didn't love, so I'll keep my interest on the table in case you ever decide to part with any of them.

The five ghosts OA was quite an opportunity for a number of reasons: 1) I do in fact love the artwork. 2) It was readily available locally. 3) It was affordable. 4) It directly supports the artist(s).

If I ever did part with any of my OA, it would have to be to someone that truly wanted it for the same reasons. (Or if I wanted to pull a whiz-bang throw everything at you but the kitchen sink magic gift surprise auction ala Krighton style. :wink:)

If there ever was a creative team more deserving of support it would be Frank and Chris. Clearly they aren't in it for the $...cause there's little of that on the creative end until you're Kirkman rich. But they obviously have a passion for their material and it bleeds into and permeates every inch of the end product.

And, of course, congrats on the pages, accessndx! Very nice!

New guy here (sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place). I was looking online to see if I could find some original art for sale from the first issue and I found my way here and ended up seeing the pics posted by some of you guys. Needles to say I'm ridiculously jealous lol. Do you know if he has anything left for sale? I love the art in this book.

Unfortunately, Chris M. has put a hold on selling OA until further notice (per a post by Frank B. earlier in this thread). Unless you catch him at a signing. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to stay on my toes. It really is a gorgeous book, I envy everyone who got a page haha. I'm not a original art collector by any means, but I wanted to take a shot at it.

I've been getting a lot of PMs re: OA. Don't buy OA if you don't love the art...

Buy it for the right reasons and you'll do OK.

I guess I'm one of those culprits. I do in fact love anything relating to Preacher. And the prices you stated having paid doesn't inhibit my interest one bit. I wouldn't buy what I didn't love, so I'll keep my interest on the table in case you ever decide to part with any of them.

The five ghosts OA was quite an opportunity for a number of reasons: 1) I do in fact love the artwork. 2) It was readily available locally. 3) It was affordable. 4) It directly supports the artist(s).

If I ever did part with any of my OA, it would have to be to someone that truly wanted it for the same reasons. (Or if I wanted to pull a whiz-bang throw everything at you but the kitchen sink magic gift surprise auction ala Krighton style. :wink:)

If there ever was a creative team more deserving of support it would be Frank and Chris. Clearly they aren't in it for the $...cause there's little of that on the creative end until you're Kirkman rich. But they obviously have a passion for their material and it bleeds into and permeates every inch of the end product.

No worries, wasn't talking about you. I was referring to some other PMs where people were basically asking "what should I buy that will be worth a ton in the future like WALKING DEAD?" Ugh. Can't help those people. Wouldn't if I could.

Did anyone find out if the back cover is numbered and no signature on the front cover, does it get green label or blue label, for the ECCC variant?

The consensus appears to be green label, in spite of the fact it really shouldn't

I am having a hard time not spilling the beans with spoilers for upcoming issues.

There's so much coolness yet to come.

I can say without giving away too much: that the character on the cover of issue two that looks like an assassin with the blades....is in fact a priest of the "spider-gods".

Or that was the general gist.....unless I was so baked I misheard.

I asked if there would be "room for more ghosts", and got a "maybe". Based upon some other conversation, it may even be likely to happen ITF...but that's not a confirmation.

I did inquire also about the name of the decaying rotting zombified assassin that gets blown up with a grenade....he seemed so cool that he must be a regular character.

Apparently he has no name....and was supposed to be a one off.....

I implored Frank and Chris to make him a full time character.....who knows maybe my plea was heard.

^ ^ Hopefully that won't ruin the suspense for anyone....just little drops of goodness to enrich the mythology.

A variant is NOTHING but packaging..

Its a wrapper.

It has NOTHING to do with the content.

I'm not usually a variant collector, but this cover is done by Templesmith. I can't not get it for that reason alone!

Larry Im thinking of coming down with a friend who is going to Lowell anyway so Ill say hi if I come in! Also, will you have the regular cover for signing or the phantom variant Larry?

Edited by Cobra83