• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Nice!

Just got the grades from our CGC signature series event with Frank & Chris.

24- 9.8'S

1 -9.4 ( must have been smoking crack on this one )

Anyway.

I'll be shipping by end of the week, unless you submitted your own adress.

Congrats!

wow!! very nice. i would of loved to get in on this. where do offers like this get posted? the sales thread or the sig room?

I was watching that auction.

I thought there will be more interest but it seems nobody is interested at that price.

B.S. It was up for 1 day. I would have gladly bid on it, but too many of these sellers lately need to get cash asap, that they only end up hurting themselves. It's like the Sixth Gun #1 9.8 but he ends it at 6am on a Saturday morning?? Do people not realize they only cost themselves money doing these type of things??

#1: I'd have bid alot more on that ECCC if I had seen it....trust me...nobody would have walked away with $100 as the final bid...

#2: I'm one of those folks constantly refreshing looking for the NYCC variant. :wink:

It's all starting to come together now.....the pieces are falling into place:

Zhang Guo on the phantom cover is obviously playing some crazy air guitar solo.....and it's clearly liquefying Fabian's brains on the regular cover it's so psychedelic.

INGENIOUS! :wink:

Disclaimer: The views expressed by AccessNDX are not necessarily the views of the authors, Image, the CGC forums or generally sane, decent people.

I am going to read #2 and see if it makes me eat any crow. I love the cover to #3 posted above. Such a cool Bronze Age vibe. Jury possibly reconvening on this one. We shall see. :juggle:

It's all starting to come together now.....the pieces are falling into place:

Zhang Guo on the phantom cover is obviously playing some crazy air guitar solo.....and it's clearly liquefying Fabian's brains on the regular cover it's so psychedelic.

INGENIOUS! :wink:

Disclaimer: The views expressed by AccessNDX are not necessarily the views of the authors, Image, the CGC forums or generally sane, decent people.

I am going to read #2 and see if it makes me eat any crow. I love the cover to #3 posted above. Such a cool Bronze Age vibe. Jury possibly reconvening on this one. We shall see. :juggle:

Sean, I think this is the only disagreement on books we've ever had, as I keep notes on what you read and like... ok i kid lol. To me, as stated before, I take it in as an "Indiana Jones" type of story, I really do. I own a bookstore, so when I'm in the mood to read Joan Didion, I do...when I'm in the mood for just pure fun, well, Five Ghosts is there.

Edited by cujobyte

I previously PMed Seanfingh awhile back, but it should be stated openly here:

I was a dickbag to him earlier when he posted his dislikes pertaining to five ghosts. There's really no explanation that I could provide here that would be adequate as to why I flew off the handle. I just told him that I had put myself under some undue pressure and it was one of the manifestations of said pressure, which is true.

That being said, he's entitled as everyone else is of course to have an opinion about this comic or anything else for that matter. It wasn't my place to disagree so vehemently that I invalidated his feelings on the subject.

I do love five ghosts and it's cool if others don't share my love. I also don't really hate on Manhattan projects as I suggested before. I've only read an issue or two....plan on getting to the rest, but with my schedule as it is it's fairly difficult to allocate time to read more than I currently do.

Now I love Seanfingh....he and I are planning to move in together, get a few dogs and plants and live happily ever after. :wink:

I am going to see how the next few issues treat me :-)

Im right there with ya it didnt floor more either. I was like meh could have been better or worse. Fancy covers dont mean squat to me if the art and the storyline dont mesh and make sense. The storyline needs to get better here because they art is a drag on the book in my opinion. I like the scene with Iago so it has that going for it as well. Will c

Edited by Fastballspecial

I previously PMed Seanfingh awhile back, but it should be stated openly here:

I was a dickbag to him earlier when he posted his dislikes pertaining to five ghosts. There's really no explanation that I could provide here that would be adequate as to why I flew off the handle. I just told him that I had put myself under some undue pressure and it was one of the manifestations of said pressure, which is true.

That being said, he's entitled as everyone else is of course to have an opinion about this comic or anything else for that matter. It wasn't my place to disagree so vehemently that I invalidated his feelings on the subject.

I do love five ghosts and it's cool if others don't share my love. I also don't really hate on Manhattan projects as I suggested before. I've only read an issue or two....plan on getting to the rest, but with my schedule as it is it's fairly difficult to allocate time to read more than I currently do.

Now I love Seanfingh....he and I are planning to move in together, get a few dogs and plants and live happily every after. :wink:

This is exciting news!

This is exciting news!

We're registered at Macy's in case anyone is interested in sending us gifts. We could really use those new linens and the fancy punchbowl.

BTW: I didn't know the term 'dickbag' didn't kick in the CGC spoon-filters. Knowing is half the battle! :wink:

Nice!

Just got the grades from our CGC signature series event with Frank & Chris.

24- 9.8'S

1 -9.4 ( must have been smoking crack on this one )

Anyway.

I'll be shipping by end of the week, unless you submitted your own adress.

Congrats!

nice haul, i bet the 9.4 is something internal that got missed. Seems like they usually are

Wool hoo! That's awesome news!