• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

If you couldn't tell by my display name, it's me: Chris Mooneyham, the artist/co-creator of Five Ghosts!!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and thank all of you for your support!!

As Frank has already stated on numerous occasions, we are tremendously thankful for everyone's support of Five Ghosts, and hope that you're with us for the long haul. It's fans like you who keep this profession worth it, by supporting non-standard books and the creators behind them. Thank you.

Frank told me that he's getting a lot of questions about when OA will be for sale. The only answer I can give is: Soon. Like, probably within the next month. The reason for this is that I want original scans for my work, and in the rush to meet deadlines, I often save the finalized file instead of the original. That means I have to go back and re-scan just over a hundred pages, which takes a little bit of time.

BUT! Now that I'm on these boards, you guys will be the first to know when everything is ready! And, like Frank, I'll be giving you guys sneak-peeks at thing to come, from preliminary sketches to fully inked panels/pages.

Thanks again, guys!

-Chris

:whee::headbang:

Hello Chris, and thanks so much for stopping by to say hello! This is great news for us fans of your work! Personally looking forward to the opportunity to obtain some of your Five Ghosts OA for MY collection! :grin:

Thanks again, great stuff!!

Hey folks,

If you couldn't tell by my display name, it's me: Chris Mooneyham, the artist/co-creator of Five Ghosts!!

As Frank has already stated on numerous occasions, we are tremendously thankful for everyone's support of Five Ghosts, and hope that you're with us for the long haul. It's fans like you who keep this profession worth it, by supporting non-standard books and the creators behind them. Thank you.

Frank told me that he's getting a lot of questions about when OA will be for sale. The only answer I can give is: Soon. Like, probably within the next month. The reason for this is that I want original scans for my work, and in the rush to meet deadlines, I often save the finalized file instead of the original. That means I have to go back and re-scan just over a hundred pages, which takes a little bit of time.

BUT! Now that I'm on these boards, you guys will be the first to know when everything is ready! And, like Frank, I'll be giving you guys sneak-peeks at thing to come, from preliminary sketches to fully inked panels/pages.

Thanks again, guys!

-Chris

tumblr_mbeacveUWM1qg9iulo1_400.gif

Best news we had all week. Great to hear from you and hear about your art. Congrats on the success of the book.

+1

I agree. To me this tops the Todd and Clone announcement. So glad you'll be with us Chris! I'm definitely looking forward to that OA news. I've never purchased any OA before so buying from you will be my first piece. Hope you stop by and post often!

Edited by Machiavelli

Hey folks,

Thanks again, guys!

-Chris

:headbang::whee::banana:

Thanks Cujo..I thought I got a good deal also..:)

Summer is a bad time to sell, money being used for cons and vacations and new books are being stretched thin. No more books up on Ebay for me till at least September.

Summer is a bad time to sell, money being used for cons and vacations and new books are being stretched thin. No more books up on Ebay for me till at least September.

Such a Great Deal!

:sick:

its a fine time to sell, you just don't list auctions, especially starting at a price lower than what you are willing to sell the book for.

its a fine time to sell, you just don't list auctions, especially starting at a price lower than what you are willing to sell the book for.

Well Kyle, glad you grabbed that one, congrats!!

Yeah, I completely agree with this post. Not to derail, nor go on a rant but I firmly believe if people are selling like this, at this time of year, just means that they are cash poor. Why on Earth would you pay $30 (minus any dealer discounts thru cgc), plus s/h plus ebay/paypal fee's to lose $$ on a book like this??? Time and time again my books have gone for a lot higher, sitting in my ebay store. I just don't get it.

Ok, let's get back to Five Ghosts!! And Welcome Chris, nice to see you on the boards!!