• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

The one thing of note re: sales is that most (if not 90%) of retailers were under the impression that Five Ghosts was a mini series whilst ordering issues 4 & 5. Yes, that doesn't necessarily account for all of the slide, but I think it was definitely part of it.

Many people still aren't aware of the ongoing status. We're hoping to remedy that with a press release soon.

Just keep putting out a great book. :applause:

Well it's already bid rather high :D

should get quite a bit higher...i'd guess at least in the $800s.

Was like watching a cartoon on Saturday morning when I was a kid. This book is just fun. :headbang:

Couldn't have described it any better! :banana:

No cartoons on Saturday morning anymore. No Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman, Scooby Doo, Thundar the Barbarian, Hong Kong Phooey, etc, etc. Kids today get Good Morning America and informercials. :P

Everyone is enamored with the SDCC set now. BTW, heard there is some 9.9's out there...

Which means you have it. Take some pics foo!

Also, ship me my Capt America penguin already lol

I have a 9.8 set. Not sure why none were 9.9.

You doing Balti or NY show?

Edited by chainnball

Was like watching a cartoon on Saturday morning when I was a kid. This book is just fun. :headbang:

No cartoons on Saturday morning anymore. No Speed Buggy, Captain Caveman, Scooby Doo, Thundar the Barbarian, Hong Kong Phooey, etc, etc. Kids today get Good Morning America and informercials. :P

'twouldn't say that.....Avengers Assemble is pretty good for Saturday mornings on Disney xD! They got Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H. premiering later this month as well!

'twouldn't say that.....Avengers Assemble is pretty good for Saturday mornings on Disney xD! They got Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H. premiering later this month as well!

Oops, your right. The kids love Disney and Disney xD and I was thinking the big 4 networks were lacking. Now back to our regularly scheduled Five Ghosts discussion :grin:

As I've posted early on, whether intentional or not, the book carries on the aesthetic tradition of classic HB and Filmation Saturday morning shows like JONNY QUEST, SPACE GHOST, TARZAN, et al. I definitely detect an Alex Toth/Doug Wildey influence, down to the lettering. Just one of many nostalgic call backs that I enjoy. Very surprising to find out Frank and Chris are both young guys...all that stuff was from before they were born.

For anyone looking for an ECCC, this 9.6 looks like it will be a very affordable option:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Five-Ghosts-1-ECCC-Variant-9-6-Blue-Label-VERY-HARD-TO-FIND-UNSIGNED-/221267392009?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3384907609