• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

From now on the new title is : Five-o-dem Ghosts

Actually thinking back to some of my very rural relatives... The would couple was always used to describe anywhere between 2-12..

So maybe: Couple of ghosts

Edited by ZaCrew

After a little back and forth to calirify some things with CGC I now have the highest graded Ashcan of Five Ghosts :)

Not by much as there is only currently one on the census before mine at 8.5 and mine graded 9.0.

:applause:

Congrats ZaCrew! That is amazing news! I know how bad you wanted this in your collection. I doubt a higher grade copy will come around so I think it's safe to say you have the cream of the crop of Five Ghosts comics.

After catching up on all of these posts I slowly see myself sliding down the registry list. lol

Also, thanks for sharing the new images Frank. Fabian in the Image logo is killer!

Just got the latest batch of commissions in from Chris. They all range in size and complexity, depending on what the commissioner asked for.

Here's one requested by fellow Image artist Nick Pitarra (THE MANHATTAN PROJECTS)...if you read MP, you'll know who this is:

cf3o.jpg

Here are others:

s0nk.jpg

sh82.jpg

There are also a couple of FIVE GHOSTS commissions that are going to boardies...I'll save those for them to post. They came out great!

Sorry to report, though, that Chris has informed me that he will not be doing any more commissions for the foreseeable future. Just too much on his plate. I'm hoping he'll have a slot open at some point in 2014. If he does, I will announce it here, and if you're thinking about getting one, don't hesitate! I have a feeling he's only going to get tougher for commissions going forward.

Thanks for checking these out, enjoy!

I wish Chris would put more up on EBAY.

I'm Chris' art rep. I'll be selling his art through a website I'm getting built. It's taking a little longer than I had hoped (big surprise), so I may put up a temporary/beta site first. Or use my CAF gallery. In either case, I'll announce it here when it's ready to go.

In the meantime, if you're interested in getting on a mailing list, PM me your e-mail address and you'll get all the updates first.

Also, I do have some FG art right now, so PM me if you'd like to check it out.

Thanks to all the Mooneyham/FG fans out there!

Felix

I somewhat enjoyed 6, but the 7th didn't really keep me interested to be honest. While I love the art the story just feels like a saturday morning cartoon in terms of structure and interest so far. There's nothing bad with pulpy action, but it just doesn't hold my interest long enough alone for me to even remember to check for this book month to month. I'll check out 8 to see if I get dragged back in but that might be the point I drop it.

I somewhat enjoyed 6, but the 7th didn't really keep me interested to be honest. While I love the art the story just feels like a saturday morning cartoon in terms of structure and interest so far. There's nothing bad with pulpy action, but it just doesn't hold my interest long enough alone for me to even remember to check for this book month to month. I'll check out 8 to see if I get dragged back in but that might be the point I drop it.

Five Ghosts is like Arrogant (Fatherless boy) beer. I will quote from their label:

This is an aggressive ale. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory–maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beverage will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make things taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

At Stone Brewing, we believe that pandering to the lowest common denominator represents the height of tyranny - a virtual form of keeping the consumer barefoot and stupid. Brought forth upon an unsuspecting public in 1997, Arrogant Ale openly challenged the tyrannical overlords who were brazenly attempting to keep Americans chained in the shackles of poor taste. As the progenitor of its style, Arrogant Ale has reveled in its unprecedented and uncompromising celebration of intensity. There have been many nods to Arrogant Ale…even outright attempts to copy it… but only one can ever embody the true nature of liquid Arrogance!

Lame the censors hit the word for fatherless boy...

Edited by ZaCrew

I don't quite get the comparison. Again I'm not saying its a bad book, I enjoyed 1-5, but the pulp action genre doesn't keep me interested month to month I guess. If it were stand alone issues maybe, but I'm just not feelin' the new story arc yet. Hopefully 8 will pique my interest in a way 7 didn't.