• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

1st issues of Five Ghosts seems to be picking up a bit...

saw a few sell for $7-10. I may have to try and unload some of mine.

Personally,

I'd sell half after SDCC.

But I'm really, really dumb...

hm Thanks for the tidbit. :grin:

Frank,

Just a small issue you might be able to help with: The CGC has had problems identifying the self-published Five Ghosts books. They understand there's a NYCC Self published first issue. So they designate that as "No Publisher" and Issue #1. Whereas the ashcans they designate as having "no number" or "nn" as well as "No Publisher".

They've arrived at that nomenclature simply because they've had limited and isolated grading of one ashcan and self published first issue.

Right now I've got both ashcans: the SDCC and the C2E2 at the CGC.

They've got them scheduled for grading, but they only listed one of the ashcans as an ashcan in fact. The other they have incorrectly listed as what I presume to be the NYCC Self Published first issue.

I called them up immediately and told them they're both ashcans, and the easiest way to determine that was to read the inside front cover. I gave them additional information available in this thread to help differentiate one from another.

I spoke to someone named "Molly" and she passed the info. along to Shawn Caffrey the Head Modern Grader who was in "discussion" with someone else about how to handle this issue.

If you've got the ability to fire over an email reiterating what's what or even give a call over to the CGC it would go a long way to assuage their concerns over labeling and it would help enable these rarities to be preseved properly for posterity.

Getting in touch with them ASAP! Sorry for the holdup, I was in Denmark.

LMAO! I just got off the phone with the CGC before I read this. Shawn told me you were coming back from Denmark....

What are you, some kinda Secret Agent? Someone put out a hit on some European despot bent on destruction and you had to put them out to pasture?

Spill the beans Frank. It's too easy to picture you ordering stirred martinis in a tux whilst staking out your prey and flirting with the ladies.

Getting in touch with them ASAP! Sorry for the holdup, I was in Denmark.

LMAO! I just got off the phone with the CGC before I read this. Shawn told me you were coming back from Denmark....

What are you, some kinda Secret Agent? Someone put out a hit on some European despot bent on destruction and you had to put them out to pasture?

Spill the beans Frank. It's too easy to picture you ordering stirred martinis in a tux whilst staking out your prey and flirting with the ladies.

Actually... Frank is Fabian Gray and these are his memoirs.